A Few Years Later...

Tara's PoV

"Please, I really want you to meet my friend. He's kinda like the only family I have," Karn pleads, holding my hand and pulling me toward the door.

"Why? Can't we just stay at home?" I drawl out, tugging him back towards the couch I was just lying on before Karn suddenly appeared at our house after seeing this 'friend'.

"Pleeeaseee?"

"Ugh, fine! Can I at least put some actual clothes on?" I ask, referring to the trackpants and baggy t-shirt I'm wearing. What? It's comfy.

"Sure," he chuckles, letting go of my hand so I can race back to my room. I change into my ripped jeans that are that way from being outside, and a better fitting black singlet. I pull some boots on and step back out, Karn smiling at me, holding his hand out for me to take again. I do, the tingles running up my arm and traveling down my back. He pulls me into him, the tingles flourishing across my skin and his magic wraps around the two of us, nuzzling me in the process. We disappear from my house, and as we land I stumble forward, Karn catching me, my breath catching in my throat. "You okay?"

"Yeah, just not used to teleporting still," I laugh. He leans down, kissing me on the head, flames of pleasure bursting under my skin. He links his arm in mine, spinning us around. A dark frame of obsidian stands before me, a purple pool swirling in the middle, different shades of purple mixing together in a whirlpool of magic, the pull of it luring me in closer, the sounds of disjointed whispers making me step closer, a curiousness filling me. Karn's tug on my arm snaps me out of the weird haze I'm in, and I shake my head, realising that I've stepped way closer to the portal. "That's trippy as fuck," I breathe out.

"Come on, just hold onto my hand," he tells me, smiling encouragingly at me. I nod and grip his hand tighter. He leads me forward. "Don't let go."

"I won't."

He steps through the portal, and I follow, the purple swallowing me up. I'm taken away,, my hand tightening like a vice around Karn's, terror churning in my stomach, my eyes open but all I can see is an impenetrable blackness. We're pushed out from the seemingly endless void, and I feel myself be thrown forward, my hand slipping out of Karn's. I collide with a wall, slumping down to the ground with a groan.

"Oh my goodness, Tarz, are you okay?" he asks worriedly, rushing over to me, helping me sit up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I grumble, rubbing at my head.

"Sorry, you were just torn from my hand, I was hoping I could stop that," he tells me.

"Karn, it's fine, it wasn't too bad of a collision. Anyway, where's this person you wanted me to meet? And why in the Nether?"

"Karn, is that you?" a voice calls out from down a hallway. Karn pulls me in closer to him, his arms setting like iron locks, holding me in place. His legs go out on either side of me, my back against his chest and his arms around my stomach.

"Hold on a moment!" he calls back. His eyes flick back down to me. "Please, can you promise me you won't freak out?"

"I can't promise that, Karn," I tell him, fear making my stomach flip. Who is he introducing me to that is so terrible?

A figure walks forward, a ripped, dark greenish-blue t-shirt hanging onto his torso, dark blue pants that are tattered around the edges, on his legs. Dark brown hair sits atop his head, matching the colour of the beard that covers his chin and lower half of his face.

But his eyes.

His eyes are a blaringly bright white, a bright, curious glow coming from them. He cocks his head at me, my body freezing up in complete panic. My heart hammers in my chest, and not from the close contact of Karn holding me to him.