Sleepy Days

Brine's PoV

I open my eyes slowly, the world slightly blurring as my eyes and magic focuses, waking up. Sana grumbles something into my chest, making me chuckle slightly as she nuzzles into me. She rolls back slightly, her eyes cracking open to look up at me, sleep clouding her usually bright green eyes. I run my fingers over her cheek and she mewls softly at it, leaning into it before her eyes flick up to me, locking with mine. "Morning sweetie," I half laugh at her and her dozy expression.

"Morning," she yawns, nuzzling into my chest again. I chuckle slightly, the fuzzy feeling of being content, our magic intertwining lazily, snuggling together, a small smile making its way onto her lips as I kiss her head. She tilts her head up, pecking me on the lips, her arms hooking around my neck, our lips moving in sync.

Eventually I get out of bed, Sana having fallen asleep again, and when I slip out from under the covers she rolls over onto my side of the bed, burying her face in my pillow. I laugh to myself, grabbing a shirt and walking down the hall, pulling it on as I enter the dining hall, letting myself into the kitchen to make myself and Sana a coffee. Arms wrap around my waist and I instinctively lean back. "Good to see you got up, honey," I say.

"Come back to bed baby, I miss you. Can't we just keep kissing like teenagers?" comes his mocking, high pitched imitation of her voice. I spin around, Karn's arms falling back to him as he doubles over in laughter. "Oh my goodness, you should've seen your face!" he laughs. I roll my eyes, turning back to the coffees, grabbing them and brushing past Karn, walking back to Sana and I's shared bedroom.

I walk in to see her lying in bed, her hair splayed out on the pillow like an angel's, her face smothered by my pillow and her body in a starfish position. My magic moves her arm over slightly so that I can slide in next to her, causing her to lift her head slightly at the smell of coffee. "Did you make coffee?" she mumbles.

"Yes, I made coffee," I chuckle, placing her's one on her bedside table. "You finally going to wake up properly?" I ask teasingly.

"Oh shush you, it's too early for your bullshit," she replies with a smile on her face.

"Sana, it is ten in the morning."

"Early," she grumbles. I roll my eyes, pecking her on the cheek as she sits up, leaning against the headboard and taking a sip of her coffee, the liquid seemingly rejuvenating her, her magic stretching and decides to nestle into mine. My arm goes around her shoulders, pulling her into my side, and we sit there, talking about lots of things, sharing kisses and sipping on our coffees.

She decides that 'I'm too stinky to hug' and pulls me with her into the shower, forcing me to wash my hair. We go and get breakfast once we're done, sitting at the table and talking about who knows what.

Karn and Tara eventually join us, sitting opposite from us, jokes being thrown around, mostly aimed at Karn and I from the two girls.

They do like to team up on Karn and I.

After breakfast, Sana and I find ourselves lying in our room, staring at the ceiling and talking about all sorts. When it turns serious.

"You ever think of having kids?"

"What?" I almost laugh, rolling over to face her instead. "Me? Children? That doesn't sound like a good mix."

"You would be a great father, you're so caring and loving, the kids would probably die from love overload," she laughs, her eyes meeting mine, the jade seemingly sparkling.

"I mean- what if the other two find out?"

"Who? Karn and Tara? They would probably also help in killing any children with love," she states almost like I was dumb for not thinking it. I roll my eyes at her, a little smile on my lips, her's quirking up too.

"I mean Notch and Steve."

"The two thorns constantly stuck in your ass?"

"Yes, the thorns in my ass," I reply with a laugh.

"Not if they didn't know about a child," she tells me.

"Oh my goodness, what if we had a daughter? I would have to give her 'the talk,'" I tell her in horror. She giggles, pecking me on the cheek and her magic intertwining with mine.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I reply with a smile, rolling on top of her and squashing her, a smirk now on my face.

"Brine!" She squeals playfully, wriggling around underneath me. I smirk down at her, my magic smothering her's too, in a playful manner. She starts squirming more panic like. "I'm sorry," she says, dread and anxiety filling her eyes.

"Wait-"

"Please, I-I did everything you asked," she pleads, making me roll off her, instead sitting up next to her.

"Sana?"

"Not the legs, please!" She cries out, fear churning in her glazed over eyes.

"Sana it's me, it's Brine," I try to tell her. My magic jumps back from her's as her's snarls in hostility, but mine can hear the whimper on the end of it.

"N-no, I-I-I don't want to. Y-You c-can't," she stutters. "Please, stop. Stop! Stop!"

I snap out of whatever daze I'm in, gently shaking her shoulder. "Sana, it's me, you aren't there anymore sweetie." She lies there, still whimpering and tears brimming in her eyes. I wipe them away for her and softly shake both of her shoulders. "Sana, love, it's Brine."

"Brine?" She whimpers quietly, seemingly shaking off the trance she's in as her eyes lock with mine.

"Yeah, it's Brine. You aren't there anymore honey," I say to her.

She hiccups and turns into my chest, her shaky arms wrapping around me. "I-I'm sorry," she stammers.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, you can't help this. He did horrible things to you," I tell her, kissing her crown. She nods against me, settling down again, her magic slowly reaching out to mine, slightly scared, but mine chases the fear away by swamping her's in a hug. "Please can you tell me his name?" I whisper.

"No, you'll still want to kill him, and I already have a plan on how I'm going to do it," she whispers back making me laugh.

"Okay, but one day,when we find him, I'll let you go first, as long as I get some hits in."

"Sure, I'll let you. Only 'cause you're my favourite," she replies, nuzzling into my arm a bit more.

"Well, I mean, Karn's up there pretty high, and then-"

"Hey!" She exclaims, slapping my arm playfully, causing me to chuckle and wrap it back around her shoulders, her head settling back where it was.

"I'm kidding honey, you're my favourite."

"I love you," she says, her eyes sparkling. I kiss her, our lips brushing against each other.

"I love you too."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I have a cute drawing of Brine and Sana! Also, this will probably be the last update for about a week as I have exams this week. Yay. Hope you enjoyed!

 Hope you enjoyed!