Shining Souls- Part II

Jay's PoV

I walk back from the Portal Hall, as I found out it's called, and yes, I know that I was only there less than an hour ago, but I'm just so worried about my family, Jade and Cole and especially Dad. Hero seems pretty affected surprisingly.

With those thoughts taking up the capacity of my mind I end up tripping over, sliding over the ground with a yelp in surprise. Someone runs over and kneels down, looking down at me. "Hey, kid, you okay?" She asks and I look up to see bright green eyes and raven black hair that I've only ever seen in photos. She offers me her hand and I gladly take it, pulling myself up.

"Thanks," I tell her and turn to go back to my grandparents when her hand on my shoulder stops me.

"It's Jay, right?" She questions and I nod slowly, turning back to face her. "Sorry, it's just I know you're very good friends with my daughter."

"Was," I correct her, my magic whining out at me.

"I'm Sana," she introduces, holding her hand out.

"Well, you already know who I am," I reply shaking her hand.

"I know it's tough to see your loved ones hurting, believe me, I do. How about we go sit down, have a drink, talk?" She offers.

"Sure, sounds good." I reply with a shrug. "Hey I'm just getting a drink with Sana, Brine's mate," I link Nana.

"Ok, that's fine, have fun," she responds.

I follow after Sana who leads me to a human village, taking me to a little, one bedroom house and opening the door, welcoming me into her home.

She gestures for me to sit down at the table which I gladly do so and she turns on the jug. "You like hot chocolates?"

"Yeah, they're my favourite," I reply, looking around the little house. It's cozy and cute, something perfect for someone living alone.

"Just like your dad," she chuckles.

"How well did you know him?" I ask carefully.

"Very well, he used to talk to me whenever he needed help with Tara and I to him when I needed help with Brine. We had a close knit relationship and could talk about anything over a couple hot chocolates. When I found out Tara was pregnant, I was over the moon. I knew they'd be such good parents."

"I don't actually know my mum, Dad says she died when I was little."

"Well, I certainly haven't seen her up here."

"Will Dad get better?" I ask as she walks over, setting two hot chocolates down and sitting across from me.

"I have no way of telling," she sighs sadly. "He's hurting Jay, he doesn't have his mate or his daughter, bonds hurt when they break and he's an enderman. Being half one yourself, I'm sure you understand the lethality of losing everyone close to you."

"But he has Hero."

"Hero isn't you. Brine might be his best friend, but even then he can only do so much for your dad. I remember when I died, I watched over Brine every single day, waiting for Jade to get to his doorstep. I prayed he wouldn't try to join me before she got there, and thank goodness he didn't. It was the same with Karn when Tara disappeared, I kept an eye on the family, always have.

"You were the one thing that kept him sane when your mum went missing, he only stopped looking for her because he had you to care for, and even then Brine had to get him to come back, but if you weren't there, I don't think he would've made it to be honest.