Prologue

(James' POV)

An old piano teacher of mine used to repeatedly tell me how I must be patient.

He exclaimed, "Anything can be accomplished in time, young James. Time is your key to unlock anything." Being the small, uninformed boy I was, patience seemed like something I could simply discard.

However, as I grew into a more developed country, I discovered this was not so. Without time and patience I would never be what I am today.

I wouldn't be able to play the most beautiful instrument in the world. I wouldn't be a successful country. Most importantly, I wouldn't have her.

(Cassidy's POV)

When I was little, I once found a locket buried beneath the earth.

It was beautiful golden color appearing nearly brand new. The locket opened up to reveal a clock on one side and an empty space on the other.

Remarkably, the time still ticked on as if the dirt had preserved it rather than harming it.

I slipped the locked chain around my neck and pondered for the longest time what picture to place on the empty side.

The time on the clock kept slipping away as years passed and I became a larger country. It wasn't until my teenage years that I decided upon what picture to place in my locket: a picture of him.

(Paul's POV)

I'm rather simple but quite outgoing. Friendly but easily irritated. I usually hang out with my two best friends named Carl and Nue. I get impatient... uhhh.... like what Cassie usually says, I'm awesome but not as awesome as her. *sigh* Typical Cassie.

Speaking of friends, I hang out with two other friends too. Cassidy and James. Cass's cheerful but can be fiery when pissed. James, my other friend... well, i'm in good terms with him. No more, no less.