Long-Lost Family

Long-Lost Family

I was startled as I awoke. I saw something shoot across the room and I screamed.

“Sorry you’re Highness” Emily came and bowed

“It’s ok” I said smiling “Carry on”

“Actually I was just finished. Your breakfast is on the table and you have a visitor, shall I let them come in?”

“Yes.” I said getting out of bed. Emily had obviously been putting the oak table in when I awoke and I thanked her before she walked out.

“You can enter now, the Princess has awoken.” Emily spoke in a posh accent. Oliver walked in.

“Oliver” I gasped. I hadn’t expected to see him.

“Your Highness, We have a lot of things to do today. Firstly, we must choose your attire for the day. Then you must attend dinner with your visitor. Today is your grandmothers birthday so you will be-’’ He ranted on but I interrupted

“Oliver. Where did you go last night? I was enjoying myself and you just… left”

“I had things to attend too”

“Oliver. Sit Down” He did. “What was the real reason you took off so quickly. Is it because I kissed you?”

“I’m somewhat of a servant. You’re a princess and heir to the throne. If anyone found out, who knows what would happen.”

“No-one will find out.” I said

“We could never be even seen holding hands” I hadn’t realized that he’d had my hands cupped in his but he let them drop.

“We should be free to be with who we wish to be with” I said “I know it’s soon to say that but I feel something for you, I have since that kiss last night”

“We can never be” He sighed

“Kiss me” I said

“What?” He sounded shocked

“If I’m such this high royal princess then people have to do at I say and I say that I want you to kiss me” he didn’t refuse. I think he got my point. He cupped my face in his hands and ever so gently pressed his lips to mine. The kiss lasted only a few seconds but it was enough.

“Now tell me, Oliver, that you didn’t feel anything” He didn’t reply. I stood up and he followed. I grabbed his hands. “If we are careful, we can work this” I sounded desperate but I didn’t care.

“How?” He asked

“You’re meant to teach me, right?” So we can be together when you teach me.

“It will never work”

“Why?”

“Ok, you have a point but it’s too much to risk.”

“After last night, something clicked in my head and I just know that I have to be with you.”

“I felt the same but we’re so different. There are people who can tell us that we can’t be together and we have to obey.”

“They can’t tell us if they don’t know, Right?” He shrugged.

“We can talk later, Right now, you need to eat and whilst you do, I can tell you what you have to do today.”

“You were saying something about my grandmother. I didn’t think I had one?”

“Oh yes. Her name is Delilah-Mae. She is 158 but she stopped aging at 39. She is quite a woman but you will get chance to get to know her later.” I was listening to Oliver go on about my schedule whilst I concentrated on eating my breakfast. It was quite fascinating to hear about my father’s mothers and I was very much so looking forward to meeting her. After I’d finished my breakfast I got changed into a dark blue silk dress. I kept my hair loose and let it hang down my back in chocolate curls. When I was ready to go I slipped on some silver shoes with small heels and went down the staircase. Oliver led me through the second door in the large hallway and we entered a grand dining room. There was a long oak table with about 20 people gathered on each side. They were all staring straight at me. Oliver led me to far end at the right and pulled my chair out. I sat down and he took a seat to my left.