Leap of Faith

Taking one look at his friends, Duke turned on his heel and jumped out the open side door. Gasping, Max ran up to the door but his brother had already disappeared. "Get them!" one of the men shouted as he reached out to grab Mel. Screaming, he dived behind Chloe. "What's the plan?!" Buddy cried as he hid behind Leonard. Just then, Sweetpea flapped his tiny wings and flew off the train.

"Isn't clear?! We're jumping!" Pops cried as he walked over to the door. Everyone heard a shout as the old dog fell overboard. Startled, the others stood still until Leonard and Ozone lunged off the train together. "Norman, quickly!" Tiberius ordered, lowering his head. The guinea pig didn't need to be told twice as he hopped up on the hawk's back. "Wait for us!" Mel and Buddy shouted as Tiberius prepared to take flight, jumping on his back. Before the hawk could protest, Chloe leaped onto him as well. The force of the fat tabby sent everyone tumbling out the door.

Looking around, Max could see it was just Snowball, Gidget, and himself left on the train. The two conductors crept closer to the trio, their hands outstretched. "I don't think so..." muttered Snowball, anger hardening his gaze. There was a moment of silence, until the first cry of pain. Max and Gidget watched as the little rabbit started beating up the two men. "Jump! I'll be right behind you!" Snowball shouted as he threw punches. Glancing at his girlfriend, Max took a deep breath and leapt off the train, Gidget right beside him.