Feelings

After a near fiasco, the pets were luckily able to save Mel from getting his already infected face from being damaged by an outraged Ozone. Soon, everyone had took their seats. Max sat down in the back of the bus beside Gidget without hesitation. "I might just be able to get us there before tomorrow morning guys!" Snowball announced, yawning. It was decided that the rabbit would take over the gas while Chloe handled the steering wheel.

"Well, I guess this is it of our grand adventure," Gidget commented, resting her head against Max's shoulder. He didn't flinch one little bit. An awkward silence hovered around the pair as they each tried to think of something to say to the other. "You want to do something when we get back?" Max finally found his tongue. Nervous, his ear twitched. Looking at him, Gidget asked, "Are you asking me out on our fifth date?"

Scuffing his paw, Max replied, "I guess I am. But Gidget, would you go on another date with me?" Giggling slightly, Gidget answered, "Of course I would, even if Snowball or a band of squirrels were taking over the world." Smiling at each other, they leaned closer together when they both got the feeling that they were being watched. The two lovers glanced sideways to see a bunch of eyes staring at them.

"Dang it! I thought they'd do it this time," Ozone groaned. Duke banged his head on the back of a seat. "We can still sing the song, right?" Mel asked. Max and Gidget immediately shook their heads, disappointed that their moment had been ruined. "You guys are going on your fifth date?!" Pepper exclaimed, amazed by that piece of news. "Can Rhonda and I go with you? It'll be a double date!" Pops asked excitedly. Standing beside him, Chloe hissed, "NO!" Everyone stared at Chloe. "Uh, Chloe, weren't you driving?" Duke asked. Scared, the animals slowly turned their heads around towards the front of the bus.

Snowball had fallen asleep, his face planted on the gas pedal. No one was at the steering wheel. Panicking, Ozone leaped over and grabbed the wheel when the bus suddenly screeched to a halt, causing the hairless cat to crash into the front window. "Who can't see glass now?!" Tiberius teased, standing on the brake pedal. Blinking his eyes open, Snowball asked, "What happened?"