Bad News

"Max!" Duke and Snowball cried out at the same time as the small dog collapsed on the shore. Running over, the white rabbit beat the giant canine to their fallen friend. Checking his pulse, Snowball let out a sigh of relief. "He's probably just suffering from shock. He'll be fine."

Nearby, Chloe scanned the lake's waters, wondering what happened to Gidget and Buddy. Where are you two? the tabby asked herself, hoping the dogs were safe. "Do you see anything?" Mel's voice interrupted her thoughts as he came over, Sweetpea riding on his head. Sighing, Chloe shook her head sadly. Whimpering, the pug laid down and rested his chin on his paws while the parakeet turned his face towards the darkening sky. Sitting down, Chloe wrapped her tail around her paws as Leonard and Ozone limped over to the trio.

"Wait, you're just going to give up like that?!" an angry voice called out. Looking over to her right, Chloe realized that it was Tiberius who spoke. The hawk was facing towards Pops. She observed quietly as the elderly dog replied in a gentle but firm tone, "I'm sorry Eagle-eye, but Guinea Pig Joe is-"

"Don't say it! Please, don't you dare say that word!" Tiberius interrupted, eyes gleaming with fury. At this time, the others were beginning to notice the argument. Pops tried to soothe the hawk as he spoke, "His body temperature is dangerously low and he's not moving. I'm sorry, but he has moved on." Tiberius glared at the elderly dog with so much hatred that Chloe was sure that Pops was as good as dead.

However, the hawk turned away and headed back towards a small lump on the shore, which Chloe assumed was Norman. Laying down, Tiberius pulled the guinea pig closer to him, tears leaking out of his light brown eyes. Shaking his head, Pops padded slowly over to the others. "Just let him be for now. It'll sink in eventually," he said quietly as he passed by them. "For once, I feel bad for that bird," Ozone remarked as he and Leonard walked away.

Duke padded up and asked, "What just happened?" Glaring at the large dog, Chloe answered, "Let me see, we're lost in Canada with no food or shelter. Some of us just fell over a waterfall and injured ourselves. Norman is dead while Gidget and Buddy are missing! You want me to continue?!" Without another word, the tabby cat stormed off, leaving the two dogs and parakeet speechless.