1oth Chapter : the Accident

A week after the incident Zia decided firmly to end her relationship with Arjel. Although she was not brave enough to talk to him about this for she might end up taking back her decision.

He did tried several times to talk to her but she refused. He even sent some people because, unfortunately, he cannot just face her anytime he wants due to obvious reasons. 

Every efforts that he exerted towards her was just gone to waste. Zia felt guilty about it but she stood firmly from her decision. It will end eventually so why prolong the agony?

But a sudden news one morning shook all her defenses when she received a phone call from one of Arjel's bodyguard.

" Hello? " she hesitantly answered the unknown number calling. Hindi nya alam but upon seeing her phone vibrated her heart skipped a beat that triggered her curiousity to answer the said call.

" Ma'am Zia, it's Paul. Kailangan kayo ni Sir Arjel ngayon. " there was a sense of urgency from his secretary's tone. He's one of the few trusted worker of Arjel who knew about their relationship.

Ang kabang nararamdaman nya kanina ay parang na doble ng marinig ang sinabi nito.

" He got an accident kaninang umaga. Nabangga ang kotse nya sa isang truck. " he explained as if hearing her unspoken question.

" W-what?! " her hand went up to her lips to prevent a sound from escaping to it.

" Nasa St. Luke's po sya ngayon. Kakalabas lang ng O.R. "

" Oh God! " she exclaimed at sandaling natulala dahil sa nalaman.

" Ma'am, unconscious pa po sya hanggang ngayon. " 

She's sure why he informed her kahit na nga ayon dito ay unconscious pa din si Arjel. Dahil alam nitong iyon din ang ipapagawa dito if he's awake.

She felt her body trembled as she digested the news that she heard. She's too stunned to weep and react that she was just rooted from where she's standing.

" Ma'am? " narinig nyang tawag ng kausap. He must have thought that she's not there anymore dahil hindi sya nagsasalita.

" H-his w-wife .. " she uttered softly that she doesn't know if he heard him.

" She was here nung may mga reporters pa but when they were finally out from the area she immediately left. " sagot nito kahit hindi naman nya nakumpleto ang tanong nya.

What kind of wife is she? Kaya ba nagagawa ni Arjel ang maghanap ng iba because of that? Seems like she's just using him as a trophy husband and she's wondering if she really did loved him.

" Kapag nagising sya he'll probably look for you. So please come here or I can also fetch you. " again his words cut her thoughts off.

She took a deep breath before, " I-I'll go t-there. " she answered in trembling voice.

Her mind's refusing to go yet her heart is begging her to visit him. And right now her heart's yearning is stronger than her mind's decision.

After collecting herself together she immediately headed towards the hospital. Paul was waiting for her outside and made sure that nobody noticed them as they stormed inside Arjel's hospital suite.

Unang pumasok si Paul and she was torn between retreating or continuing her steps when she heard his voice.

" I don't need any visitors right now. " his voice was too cold that it sent shivers all over her body.

Hindi nya alam kung nakatingin ba ito sa kanila dahil nasa likod lang sya ni Paul. And he's tall that she cannot be seen from behind him.

" Sir, Ma'am Zia's here. "