Chapter 8

She smiled as she remembered what happened two days back. The scene was so hilarious but it got her curious. What was he about to say? Amina can be a pain in the neck sometimes but she's still lovely. At least she should have let him finished his sentence.

Flashback..
"I love your- ya azaad you better hurry up. Ummah has been disturbing me on the phone asking where we are. He sighed and just left her there. As he started the car she turned on her heels and started walking back into the house.

End of Flashback...

Mama told Nadeen to dress up and tidy herself, some important people are coming. She came out of the bathroom about thirty minutes back but she still hasn't decided on what to wear. The purple Ankara or the black abaya with golden touches?? She kept on wondering. But since mama said they are important and since they live are in Nigeria too she went for the Hausa attire; the purple Ankara. It didn't have much of a design. Just a peplum and a pencil skirt with a slit at the back.

"Oh ni hadizatu, wannan yarinya saikin samin ciwon zuciya" (oh me hadiza, this girl you will make me have heart problem/attack) , Mama said ina scolding tone which made Nadeen stiffle a laugh. But mama saw it and sent her a glare. "Better hurry up and get ready before they come if not zaki sani (you will know).

"Oh my lovely mother do not worry for I am here and I promise I'll get ready. But mama who are these 'important' guests? She air quoted important.

"None of your waxed hair", replied mama and left the room. Nadeen found this behavior weird but shrugged it off. She just hopes it has nothing to do with her because she doesn't want any more drama. At least not for now. None the less Nadeen was happy mama is back to herself. She thought she would need more time but Alhamdullilah everything is back to normal even though sometimes there is tension but with time everything would ease be exactly the way it was. Or so she thought.

After putting her clothes, she decided to go for simply makeup; She applied a little bit of powder, eyeliner, kohl and a strawberry lip gloss. She looked simple yet beautiful. As soon as she was done with her makeup, she grabbed her phone which was nothing too fancy. An lg-g3 to be precise but she also had an iPod which was black in colour. Her favorite aunty, aunty Fatima bought it for her when she traveled outside country. She doesn't even call her aunty Fatima she calls her maami because that's what her children call her and she considers her as a mother due to their closeness with Mama.

She was going through their family group for cousins on WhatsApp when a notification popped up signaling a message from bestie. She smiled as she thought of Ummulkhair who is also called ni'imah or ummul at home and by some of her friends . A wonderful girl with sass, who was very tough to crack but very soft on the inside. A modern 21st century girl but a practicing muslimah.

"Nady bom bom", was the only thing she wrote but she understood what this meant. 'Adamulmule!!!! How is you? And you berra get off with that stupid nickname other wise I will make Farouk break up with you',she typed back.

'I won't, isn't it such a beautiful nickname at least it's berra than Adamulmule sai kace mulmulani akeyi. Besides farouk is a coward. We aren't even dating kuma to be honest I think he's the type of guy I would want to marry. I don't want him to be just a highschool boyfriend ya know'.

"Nadeen come and open the door, they are here". "Tohh Mama (okay mama). She sent a voice note to ummul saying they'll talk later but for now Mama is calling her and they'll talk later which was replied by an okay.

As she opened the door she came face-to-face with Nadia's ex mother-in-law beside her was her ex father-in-law and behind them were their two grown ups; mischievous Amina and grumpy/sulking Azaad. She was shocked to see them but welcomed them in a homely manner.

Someone was being observant of her every action. From the way she talked to the way she flailed her arm. Mama and Baba came in so she took Amina to her room leaving the elders to converse.

After about an hour Mama called them down for dinner which mainly consisted of our Hausa traditional food; tuwon shinkafa da miyar kuka, sakwara da miyar agushi. Then yellow rice and curry soup. After that cupcakes were brought which were baked by Nadeen yesterday. She loves cooking but she specializes more in baking. It's a talent she discovered 4 year back.

After dinner, they all went to the parlor to sit with Nadeen sat on the carpet near Mama's legs.

Baba cleared his throat and began to talk. "So umm... Nadeen the purpose for this gathering is because we have decided to get you married to Azaad so you both can take care of Hanan(Nadia's daughter's nickname) together".

Hey Angels. Am back again with another kinda juicy chappy. Please pamper me with some votes by clicking that little star down there. Dont forget you can vote online. Love you ❤❤❤❤.

Kisses

Lee_marh.

****Don't forget to vote*****