Nineteen

Calum pov

The flight from L.A. took roughly about four hours, I poked at Rena to wake her up. I didn't know how long she'd been asleep for, but I knew it was a good while. I was happy knowing at least someone had gotten some sleep, I had too much on my mind to get some shut eye.

The feeling of relief though when we got here was good for the most part, I was afraid too though and knew we were alright.

"Rena bean, we're here."

I helped her up and got our bags and made my way to the tarmac, I wasn't really looking forward to this, but I didn't mind. I looked forward to just getting somewhere else and putting Casey and everyone behind us.

"I'm so tired Calum, I can't walk any longer or I'll drop dead."

I rolled my eyes and laughed at her, I knew how she was feeling though because I was feeling the same way. I didn't know what to tell her, I would carry her if I had to.

"We're almost there love, how about I drive us to the cabin we're going to be renting, and then we can get settled in for the night and time being."

I pulled a hand through my hair and made my way to the car rental, I would only be needing it for a day or two. I was going to get a new car of my own while we were here, I still had money from graduation which we could move here if we really wanted to.

"Sure, thanks. What about a real car though, are we getting one."

"I've got it taken care of Rena, don't worry at all babe."

I looked forward to starting my life over in a new place with someone I cared for, I was happy knowing it went both ways with us. I didn't want to mess our second chance up, although I had a feeling I would.

I felt like all of us always messed things up, I shook the thought from mind overlooking it. I didn't want to think of the negatives on life, but sometimes I couldn't help it.

I got the keys to the rental and made my way to the cabin, I stumbled along with Rena. I helped unpack everything once we got to the cabin we'd be staying in for a bit.

"Hopefully nothing bad has happened here before, or hopefully nothing bad happens while we're here."

I didn't want to think about that, I was afraid to, I knew how these histories went. I smiled and sat down on the couch while taking in our new place.

"Rena, we've got nothing to worry about babe, we're safe here. Nobody knows where we are, but I wouldn't put it past Casey to try and find us either."

I put my arm around Rena just wanting to relax, I knew this was our home for now. I wouldn't be surprised if anybody did follow us, I didn't want to think that though.

"Home sweet home Calum, home sweet home. Here's to a new start."

I sighed slightly as she said this and wondered what would happen, I took the room in and knew we'd have to go shopping soon. Get new clothes and groceries, I wanted to make this good and I wanted to stay off the grid with Rena.

"Here's to a new outlook on life girlie, now we've just got to call the L.A. police and get Casey taken care of. Now that we've got service."

I checked my phones charge and paced the room as I got the number to call the police, I had managed to get the address to where we had been before. I didn't ever want to go back there, I bit my lip and groaned a bit as I heard a knock at the door.

I looked to Rena after hanging up the phone with the police, I didn't want to have to worry about being stalked now myself. I didn't understand how someone as sick and twisted as Casey could thrive off of seeing someone hurting.

I didn't want to have to check the door and see who was here, but I couldn't be too safe either.

"Please tell me I didn't hear a knock at the door Calum, and if I did, may God help us all."

I didn't want to open the door, but I knew I had to, it could be the landlord who owns the cabin. I put a finger to my lip and motioned for her to be quiet, I hesitated before inching my way to the door.

I opened the door not expecting company, I didn't know what this was turning out to be. I looked at the petite figure standing in front of me, I smiled wanly at her.

I stepped aside from her and let her inside, I didn't think the sisters could be seperated from eachother for long.

"Rena, we've got another visitor."

I didn't know how she'd gotten here, but I wasn't complaining. I just didn't know if I could trust her or not though, I didn't think she would hurt us though. But I never knew who I could or couldn't trust anymore.

"Nia, how'd you get here."

I smiled a genuine smile this time around, I still had to keep my guard up. But I trusted these girls more then anything, I was just shocked to see Nia here.

"I followed you guys, I wasn't about to stay there any longer then I already needed to. And I knew the police would be hot on our tails soon, so I had to get away from there. Casey isn't happy at all though."

I shuddered as she said Casey wasn't too happy, I knew he wouldn't be, and then with the police it would just make it worse.

"We've got allot to talk about, there's so much that's been going on. How do we know we can trust you Nia, how do we know you're not working with Casey."

I looked to Rena wondering why she was even considering asking her own flesh and blood this, but I felt good knowing she was asking too. Because there had been too many cases of brothers and sisters or siblings in general turning against eachother.

I didn't know what to make of this, if anything I would have asked Nia.

"Rena, I'm not in cohoots with Casey. You've got nothing to worry about."

I looked to Rena and then back to Nia, I shrugged a little lot knowing what to say or do.

"So now that you're here, does that mean you're on our side."

I didn't want to have to ask Nia, but there was that little bit of me that didn't trust her at all. I had been with Nia for a couple of years, but there was that part of me that didn't feel too good about this. I felt as if something fishy was going on.

"I've always been on your side Calum, I never stopped looking for Rena either. We just went at different times, and when you were in the hospital I was there with you every step of the way."