9화

Jungkook was shocked at the revelation of Sohyun and Hanbin and suddenly, everything that has happened has been making sense to him now.

Sinb: "Yah, you're scaring me..." she lightly nudged him. She can see the confusion on Jungkook's face and she knew he was hurting inside because seeing him hurt, she was hurt even more.

Sinb wanted to hug him because if anyone, it was definitely not Jungkook who deserved to be treated like such. She scanned his side profile as Jungkook continued to stare blankly on the ground.

A few minutes passed by and Sinb, who started to run out of patience, decided to force him to go back with her. When Jungkook overheard the conversation and Sinb saw the anger in his face, she wanted to make sure he was as far away from Hanbin and Sohyun as possible.

Standing outside of the front entrance, Sinb realized she had pulled Jungkook and ran out of the premises. Looking at her military watch, she realized it was already 3 minutes past curfew.

Sinb: "Yah, Jungkook-ah" she started to say to him, "I get it. You're hurt and the last thing you probably want to do right now is hurt that... that piece of trash Hanbin and all but... you need to focus here, okay?" she tried to get his attention.

As she looked behind her, she saw the night crew scoping around the front lawn of the base with their flashlights. Seeing this, she panics and quickly reacts.

Sinb: "Hurry, hurry! Hide!!" she attempted to run into the bushes only to turn around and realize that Jungkook was still frozen as ever, standing in front of the night crew, who were behind the gate.

Officer: "Who's out there?!" one of the night crew asked from within the gate, having heard a little bit of Sinb's voice as she tried to tell Jungkook to hide.

Hearing the officer attempting to come out of the front gate to check on what the noise was, Sinb quickly ran back to Jungkook and forcibly dragged him into the dark forest without thinking much.

As they hid in the tree in the forest, Sinb felt a bit relieved after seeing that they were no longer being chased. But the fury in her still remained.

Sinb: "What the hell??!! You realize you and I could've gotten in so much trouble if we got caught just now, right?!" she kept tiptoeing over his shoulders just to make sure. "I get it, dude" she tried to suppress her temper since he was in the middle of a heartbreak.

Jungkook continued to stay quiet and kept his attention at the ground as Sinb slowly raises her left hand and starts to pat him softly on the shoulder, hoping to console him.

Sinb: "Dude, it's just a girl..." she tried to make him feel better. "She's your girlfriend so of course you'd feel confused and---"
Jungkook: "Right..." his sudden response to her statement startled her.
Sinb: "Right... so I mean, it's okay to... you know... cry it out if you need to..." she tried encouraging him some more.

Jungkook: "Exactly!" he suddenly looked up at Sinb who was now staring him right in the face, her wide eyes almost bulging out.
Sinb: "Exactly...?" she was in a state of confusion.
Jungkook: "I'm suppose to feel angry or upset or betrayed... right??" he asked her.
Sinb: "Most boyfriends who just found out their girlfriend has been lying to them all this time... yeaaa, I guess you're supposed to react like---"
Jungkook: "Like I'm jealous!" he finished her sentence.
Sinb: "Okay, Jeon Jungkook. What are you on??" she wasn't understanding.

Jungkook: "I mean, I'm supposed to feel like I want to kill someone right now-- but I don't" he clarified.
Sinb: "Okay, okay... that's a good start I guess" she referred to him not wanting to kill anyone.
Jungkook: "I should be sulking, or upset, or angry... but I feel so..."
Sinb: "Soooooo.....???"
Jungkook: "Free" he blinked twice before turning to smile at Sinb who was still standing in front of him.