14화

Certain that Jungkook had rejected her, Sinb wiped the last tear on her cheek, inhaled the cold air, and slowly started to make way down the stairway. Hearing her phone go off, she quickly took it out from her pocket- low key hoping it was Jungkook... calling to tell her he's sorry he's coming late... or anything of that sort.

Sinb: "Eoh, unnie..." she answered the call.
Sojin: "Sinb ah, don't tell me you're still standing up on that rooftop like an idiot?" she scolded.
Sinb: "What rooftop? Ha, I came home hours ago" she chuckled, holding in her tears as she lied to Sojin.
Sojin: "Thank goodness... I was starting to worry" she felt relieved. "But you're really at the dorm now, right? You're not lying to me, are you?" she asked again.
Sinb: "Do I look like the type to be standing outside below the weather for a long time??" she asked in a cool voice. "Stop worrying. Anyway, are you headed back already?" she asked.
Sojin: "No, I've gotta help my parents close up late so I'll see you at practice tomorrow... Well, it's a good thing you're not waiting. Let me tell you, I just saw Jungkook. Either he hasn't seen the paper yet or else... he's pretending..." she started to slow down. She knew Sinb was a tough girl... but she knew Sinb's soft side as well... and that Sinb was probably in tears by now.
Sinb: "Unnie, I'll see you tomorrow at practice. I'm tired" she made it sound like she was unaffected by the whole entire thing.

As Sinb hung up the phone, she demanded herself not to cry and that it wasn't worth it... but the more she tried to stop herself, the more pain she inflicted on herself... She dropped to her knees, not knowing how to feel or what to feel...

***

The next day at practice, Sinb entered the practice room without much thought. She figured the only way to know if Jungkook had read the letter or not was by looking him dead in the eyes to see how he'd react.

Looking around, she realized Jungkook hadn't arrived yet. Setting her things down, she suddenly felt someone drop their entire weight on her as they put their arm around her shoulder.

Jungkook: "B-hyung, what's good?!" he asked excitingly.
Sinb: "Yah... get off of me" she nervously took his arm off her shoulders. She felt her face burn up as he continued to look at her.
Jungkook: "Why are you so red?? Are you not feeling well?" he put his hand up to her forehead.
Sinb: "Yah, I said don't touch me" she threw his hand off of her face.
Jungkook: "Well who pissed you off today?" he was confused at her sudden angst.
Sinb: "You did!" she glared at him.
Jungkook: "Me? What did I do??" he pointed at himself.
Sinb: "You..." she started to choke on her next words. "Ugh, nothing. Just forget it!" she squatted down to change into her practice shoes.
Jungkook: "So... I went to Sojin noona's cafe yesterday but you weren't there... Where were you?" he asked.

At this point, Sinb already knew he hadn't seen the letter yet. She felt isolated... she felt stupid and more over... she knew they weren't meant to be. Because if they were destined or meant to be more than just colleagues or friends in the same agency, then he would've seen the letter from her by now.

Jungkook: "So...? Where were you then?" he asked again when she failed to provide him an answer.
Sinb: "Why does it matter?" she responded in a bored tone.
Jungkook: "Of course it matters! I wanted to share some really good news with you, that's why!" he had this big, funny smile on that couldn't help but make Sinb's heart flutter.
Sinb: "Tell me what?" she asked, still slipping on her other pair of shoe.

Sohyun: "Jungkook ah" her soft voice called for him from the door, almost whispering because she was afraid she'd be caught if one of Big Hit's staff members knew a non-trainee was inside the building.
Jungkook: "Eoh... what are you doing here?" a big smile covered his face again.