I'm a decent person.....sometimes

My feet ached from work, it was 2am and I was almost home, work had been busy, my head gave a dull thud, the music was always loud and the lights low, the thud in my head would pass with some sleep.

"Evening Mr. Lowe" I muttered, passing the first trailer of the lot, he nodded in reply, beer in his hand, the bat beside his chair had stains of blood. I pulled my coat around me tighter and sped up a little, a light layer of rain had started, bringing a cold wind.

"Fuckin fight me, punk ass" My body tensed as I was near my trailer I could hear voices. I heard a few bangs and a groan, my anxiety swelling up, I walked quicker, hoping to be in the safety of the trailer sooner than later. "You think you all that, you even look at me again" More bangs and groans.

I stopped dead, my trailer to the right but on the left, a group of four men standing around someone on the floor, they kicked whoever was on the ground. "Shit" I sighed as I seen Marshall groaning on the ground. I walked backwards and hid behind an empty trailer "Mr. Lowe, who called the cops?" I yelled loudly.

The group of men looked around quickly, before they said anything they got into their car quickly, the car screeching as it left the lot, I waited until they were out of sight before I made my way to Marshall, he was still on the ground, eyes closed, one eye already swelling quickly, his bottom lip covered in blood.

I placed a hand on his face gently, he groaned quietly "Just me "I informed him, his eyes flicked open slightly. My eyes scanned the area, the lights to his trailer were off "Can you help me get you up? " I asked. He groaned again but pushed himself up slightly, I put one of his arms around my neck and I snaked an arm around his waist, he groaned loudly "Sorry" I muttered. He tried not to lean on me too much but once we started walking towards my trailer I felt as though I was practically carrying him.

I fished the keys out from my pocket and opened the door, Marshall groaned and leaned into me, I almost lost my balance, I pulled him along behind me, turning slowly, I huffed, my feet firm, I turned with Marshall, I practically threw him on the bed, his reply was a groan. I muttered sorry again as I set about getting him out his jacket, he was too weak to help, I eventually got it off him, I rolled him over so he was on his back, facing the celling, his eye had gotten bigger.

I kicked my shoes off and shrugged out of my coat, I locked the trailer and pulled some ice from the freezer. He hadn't moved "This might be cold" I muttered, his jaw clenched as I placed a piece of ice on his eye, his fingers wrapped around my arm "You need to stop the swelling" His hand stayed on my wrist. I replaced the ice with another cube, another groan from Marshall. 

After a few minutes silence, the ice had almost disappeared, I stood up, throwing the small piece of ice into the kitchen sink "Sorry" My head turned to look at him, his words a whisper "Not really my proudest moment" He explained, I rolled my eyes, his ego had taken a beaten. "I'll be fine in a little while" I was leaning against the thin door frame separating the bedroom from the rest of the trailer, my concern written on my face. "Do I need a full body check?" He winked with the eye that wasn't swollen, trying to lighten the mood.

I suppressed a smile "You wish" I pushed from the door frame, I leaned over and slid his shoes off, throwing them to the corner, I undone his buckle and zip "Lift "I instructed, he smirked at me but followed my instructions and lifted himself slightly, allowing me to slide his jeans down his legs and off, I folded them and set them down, I paused and looked at him, he was still smirking "I need your top "

"Bet you do" He was fully grinning now, he moved slowly, his jaw now clenched as he tried to avoid pain, he tossed his top at me with a hiss of pain. I took his top and jeans, I left the small space. I washed them quickly before setting them over the two small heaters to dry, the stains of blood washed away "Ay" I heard him call, I popped my head into the bedroom again, my eyes avoiding his body that was now free of clothing "What about my underpants? "The grin was back on his face "Seriously though "He paused and he pulled himself into a sitting position, one arm wrapped around his midsection, clear discomfort as he moved, I suspected a broken rib or two "You di-"

I waved him off "It's nothing" I was a decent person.......sometimes.

"You don't know me though" He stated.

I shrugged "Not like I've got anything worth stealing" My arms crossing over my chest "I'm not worried about fighting you off, if that's what you're thinking" My eyes glanced at the baseball bat that was resting under the small window of the bedroom.

He let out a small laugh and then winched "I don't doubt it" He paused for a few seconds "As soon as my mom is back I'll get out of your way" I had thought it was his trailer or Kim's, I didn't know it was his mom's.

I frowned at him again "It's okay "I reassured "I don't have work in the morning, just rest "I moved around, grabbing my night clothes, I disappeared into bathroom, changing and brushing my teeth, a quick wash of my face to get rid of the light layer of makeup, I sighed, sleep weighing heavy on me.

I left the small bathroom, throwing my dirty clothes into the hamper, I'd clean them tomorrow, I entered the small bedroom, my eyes avoided Marshalls gaze, I picked up a pillow and a blanket "Ay, where you going? "Marshall enquired.

"The sofa "I explained, I picked up a second blanket and covered Marshall with it "If you feel sick give me a yell "My eyes landing on him now he was covered.

"I don't want to take your bed" He muttered, a frown on his swollen face.

"I'm an active sleeper and I'd end up hitting you" I explained, which was half true, I always moved around the bed at night. He nodded, still frowning "See you in the morning "I left the small space quickly as he started to look at me closer from head to toe, his eyes making me feel like I was under a microscope. I flicked off the small light, settling down on the sofa, the blanket quickly wrapped around me, my eyes closing quickly as sleep took over.