Chapter 1: Pilot

Chapter 1: Pilot

Dear Diary,

It's the first day of school, a new beginning, a new start. I've tried to let what happen in the past go. But it somehow keeps haunting me, I don't know how Elena does it, fake that smiles say she's okay. I wish I had her courage, her strength to lie to everyone, saying you're fine. But right now I need to be me, a new me.

It's the only way I'll survive.

A girl with long wavy black hair, light ocean blue eyes, and light tan skin walks up to her desk with the mirror on top. She looks at it and smiles a little. Then she sets her dairy in her bag and pulls on her clothing; a short-sleeve purple shirt, tight dark blue pants, ankle brown boots. And she gave her reflection one last smiles, pulls her shoulder bag over her shoulder and headed downstairs.

"Hey Aunt Jenna," she said, smiling. "Well someone in a happy mood." Jenna states, the girl looks at her, "New start, new me." she tells her, pouring a cup of coffee. "Hey Elena," she calls out. "Morning Samathea." she smiles at her and Samathea handed her a cup. "Thank you." Elena then took the cup from her and Samathea grab another cup. "Toast. I can make toast." Jenna offers, "It's all about the coffee Aunt Jenna." Samathea tells her, pouring a cup. "Is there coffee?" Jeremy walks down to the kitchen and took the cup from her.

Samathea looks at him in disbelief and grab another cup, and pour the remains into that one "Your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna rummage through her bag "Lunch money?" Jenna offers a 20 dollar bill, Samathea shook her head, drinking her cup, "No, I'm okay." Elena tells her, but Jeremy took the money.

"Anything else? A number two pencil, what am I missing?" she asks them, Elena and Samathea exchange looks. "Do you have a presentation today?" Elena asks her. "I'm meeting with my thesis adviser at... now. Crap." Jenna pulls out her hair from the bun. "Then go, we'll be fine," Samathea tells her, Jenna smiles at her then took off. Elena then turns to Jeremy, "Are you okay?" she asks, he scoffs. "Don't start that," he tells her and walks off. She then turns to Samathea, "Sammy, you sure you're up for this?" she asks, rubbing her arm, Samathea was quiet for a moment then pulls off a smile.

"Yeah, new start, new me. If you can do it, I'm sure I can too." she tells her, Elena smiles at her, "Cheers." Samathea raises her cup a bit, Elena smiles, clicks her cup with Samathea's and they drink their coffee. Unaware of the two missing couple on the news.

~8~8~8~

Elena sat in the front with Bonnie as Samathea sat in the back, just looking at the stores they pass. "So Grams is telling me I'm psychic. Our ancestors were from Salem, which is all that crazy. But she goes on and on about it and I'm like, put this woman in a home already, but then I started thinking..." Bonnie's voice trails off as Samathea looks that the cemetery, where their parents where lay down to rest. "Elena, Sammy! Back in the car," she tells them, catching their attention. "We did it again, didn't we. I'm sorry Bonnie." Elena apologizes, "You were telling us that..." Samathea leans forward a bit, "That I'm psychic now." she reminds them, "Okay, then predict something. About me and Sammy." Elena asks her. Bonnie looks at them, "I see..." she was going to say but something small and black hits the windshield.

Bonnie snaps her head to the road and slams on the brakes, Samathea then suddenly remembers being back in the car with her parents and Elena and she was pulled back from the memory and as they came to a stop. Samathea lets out a steady breath as she leans back and calms her pounding heart. "What was that? Oh my god. Elena, Sammy are you okay?" Bonnie asks them. Samathea nods at her, "It's okay, I'm fine. Sammy are you alright back there?" Elena looks over her shoulder.