Chapter 18: Under Control

Stefan was in his room, doing a chin up, listening to pounding loud music, Damon then walks in with a cup of blood, "Can't you turn it up a little bit, it's not annoying yet." he states, "Sorry." Stefan tells him. Damon then walks over to the stereo and turn it off, Stefan then drops on his feet and down to push-ups. "So when are you going back to school?" Damon asks him, "Soon." he answers, "Oh come on, just drink already." Damon kneels down next to him, "Come on, this self-detox is not natural." he tells him, "Can you get that away from me please?" Stefan asks and moves away from Damon.

"How long will it take you to wing yourself off of it after you last indulge?" Damon asks him but Stefan does more push up, "That's not good." Damon states, "I'm fine, I just need a little more time." he tells him, "I don't get it, you don't have to kill to survive, that's what blood banks are for, I haven't hunted a human in... gha way too long." Damon states, "Whoa I'm impressed." Stefan tells him, "Completely self-serving, trying to get the town off the trail of vampire which is not very easy and there is an entire tomb of them running around." Damon tells him, standing up and stood next to the door, and Stefan stood up and turns to him. "What are we planning on doing about that?" Stefan asks him.

"We're not going to be doing much of anything if you don't have your strength." Damon tells him, Stefan gave him a quick smirk the looks away, "There is nothing wrong with taking part of a healthy of human blood from a blood bank, you're not killing anyone." he tells Stefan, "I have my reasons." he tells Damon then walks away, "When what are those holier than now reasons, you know we never really did disuses that. You know I love to hear this story." Damon takes a seat and sets the cup on the stand. "You're really enjoying this watching me uh... struggle." Stefan steps to him. "Very much so." Damon answers. "I hate to break it to you Damon, but I actually have it under complete control," Stefan tells him. "You do?" Damon asks him, "Hm-mm." Stefan nods at him. "Oh well, you should just carry on, making the rest of us vampires look bad." Damon states.

Damon then stood up, "Have a great day Stefan." he said then left the room, Stefan eyes the glass full of blood, he then took a step to it, "Oh, I almost forgot something." Damon ran back into the room, grabbing the blood, "Oh, hmm." Damon taunts him and left Stefan eyes the door were Damon left.

~8~8~8~

Samathea and Elena grab their stuff for school, "Come on Jeremy, we're going to be late for school, walking for the door right now." Elena shouts. "Oh, you almost forgot this." Jenna stuffs a binder in Samathea bag, she looks at her and smiles, "Thanks, Jenna." she tells her and Elena opens the door, and there stood Uncle John. Samathea and Jenna frown at him, "Elena, Samathea." he smiles at them.

"Great, it's you." Samathea snarls, "Uncle John, hi." Elena tells him, "Jenna." he looks over at Jenna, "John you made it." she states, "I said I would be invited in." he tells her and walks in, "What you and say and do are two very different things." she states, then Jeremy walks down the stairs. "Uncle John, what's up." Jeremy pats his shoulder, "Hey." he said to him and Jeremy was right out the door. "Listen I had some business in town, I thought a visit was in order." he tells him, "Well it isn't necessary, really it wasn't." Samathea snaps at him, Jenna bites back a smile. "So how long do you plan on staying?" Elena asks him.

"I don't know yet." he answers, "Well, Sammy and I are going to go to school see you later," Elena tells the two, pulling Samathea long with her and Jenna closes the door, getting shot looks from Elena and Samathea. She shrugs at them and closes the door, "So what's up with Jeremy?" John asks her as he pulls his suitcase along, "He just lost a friend, so try to be sensitive." she orders him. John just laughs, "I'm always sensitive." he tells her, "Right, so really, how long are you staying?" she asks him as she stood in front of him.