Chapter 16: There Goes the Neighborhood

Samathea sat in her room, brushing her hair and pulling it into a side braid, she then walks over to her dresser pulls on a violet long sleeve shirt, pulls on her pants on, along with her boots, she then wraps her red scarf around her neck, then pulls on her jacket and walks out of her room, unaware to her, small blue lines started to appear on her back. She headed down the steps and ran to school.

Later at School, Samathea headed to her locker, opens it places her stuff inside then walks over to Stefan and Elena, "Hey Sammy." Elena smiles at her, Samathea smiles and nods at her. "Samathea." Stefan nods at her, "Hey how is jackass doing?" Samathea asks him, leaning against the lockers next to Elena, "Damon hasn't said a word to me every time I try to say a word to him but he shuts me down." Stefan tells her, Samathea sighs, "You think he still wants to find Katherine for what she did to Mary Ann?" Elena asks her, Stefan shrugs. "I don't know, he waited a hundred forty-five years only to find out that Mary was already doom to die and that Katherine couldn't care less, that's got to hurt right." he states, "And it couldn't happen to a nicer guy?" Samathea sneers.

"Oh don't be bitter, it provokes wrinkles," Elena tells her, Samathea looks at her and smiles. "You two have every reason to be upset." they nod at him, "Have either of you thought about what you're going to do?" Stefan asks them, "About what, about Isabelle, our vampire birth mother related to our vampire ancestors Katherine and Mary Ann, and how Katherine screwed over her sister and your vampire Brother?" Samathea asks sarcastically, then the twins look at each other then back at him, "Nah." they answer, "We haven't thought about it at all." Samathea adds. "I'm sorry I brought it up," Stefan tells them, Elena and Samathea sigh. "It would be nice if we can get through one day without having to deal with any of it, no vampire mother, or brother..." Elena states, "No vampires in general?" he asks her, she looks at him and smiles. "No vampires but you. I just want to get back to this normal stuff like School and homework." Elena starts then gasp.

"And here's a thought, fun," she states, Samathea opens her mouth playfully as Stefan gasp as well. "Oh that sounds good to me, when do we start?" Stefan tells him, Elena giggles and walks off. Samathea sighs then walk in the other direction, Samathea walks into her class sat down, the pulls out the phone that she called Isabelle, she sighs, jams the phone back in her pocket and pulls out her notebook.

~8~8~8~

"We've taken up residence at a farmhouse just outside of town, it will suffice for now." Pearl tells him taking a seat in front of him, "All 25 vampires?" Damon asks him. "Not all, some, I imagine a few have already left town, others are still in the woods or like us acclimatizing," she tells him then looks at Anna, she looks at Damon and her look at her and confusion. "How did they get out of the tomb?" Damon asks them, "That witch much of screw up that part of her hocus porous." Anna tells him, Damon nods at her.

"I understand from Anna that the founding families still have a secret council." Pearl states, Damon shrugs at that, "And you're apart of it." Anna states, Damon scoffs "That's ridiculous." he states "I've been in Mystic Falls since the comet Damon, I'm up to speed." she tells him, "And so am I and now that you've infiltrated the council, I need to know everything they know, starting with a list of names of the council numbers and their families." Pearl states, "And everyone you've supplied with vervein." Anna states Damon glares at her, "Yes that will have to stop immediately." Pearl tells him, "What exactly are you two trying to achieve?" Damon asks them.

"Mystic Falls is our home Damon, they took that from us, our land, our home and our leader. It's time that we rebuild." Pearl tells him, "Whoa, whoa, whoa are you crazy? It was 1864, wake up woman, the world as move on." he tells her, "As a reward for your help, I'm willing to give you what you want most." she states, "I want nothing." he states, "Katherine, Mary Ann's Killer." she tells him Damon stiffens, but covers it with a smirk, "You wouldn't know where she is, you've been underground for the last century and a half." he tells her. Pearl just smirks, "I was Katherine's and Mary's best friend, long before we came to Mystic Falls Damon, I know how Katherine thinks, I know her patterns, I know where to find her, I owe Mary that much." Pearl offers him, Damon was tempted but then leans forward.