Chapter 13: Children of the Damned

Mystic Falls, 1864

A deer wonders through the forest at night, a sudden gush of wind passes it, it looks around, but then something jumps at it, attacking its neck, it whimpers as it fell to the ground, but then the thing pulls away from the deer's neck and let it run away, the woman was wearing tight light brown pants, a white blouse, with a leather stomach corset tied on tightly. And her long black hair tied into a ponytail, her eyes pulse with crimson as her mouth was stain with blood.

She then stood up and pants, then strong arms wrap around her from behind, "It's alright my love, it's still alive." he tells her, then turns her around and makes her look at him, the crimson retracts away showing her blue eyes and her fangs retract as well. "Sorry, I don't mean to be a burden." she tells him, he smiles at her, then handed her a handkerchief "Thank you." she mumbles and wipes the blood away, "You are no burden, you are everything to me," he tells her, she smiles at his words and after all the blood was gone, he pulls her into a soft kiss.

"Damon..." she mumbled in between kisses, "I know... I love you too." he tells her, then press his forehead against her. "You must be a mind reader, are you peeking into all of my thought?" she teases, "Maybe I am and maybe I'm not that's up to you," he said, brushing his face gently against her.

She then pulls away, listens to the sounds far away. "Mary Ann, what is it?" he asks her, cupping her neck. She can hear a scream in the distance, then she grabs Damon hand and they both took off.

They arrive at the scene, Mary Ann gasp, covering her mouth, there stood a carriage and two dead men. Stefan kisses Katherine as her mouth was still bloody. Mary Ann pulls her hands away and went to charge at Katherine, but Damon held her back. The two pull apart pulled away, and Katherine looks over his shoulder. "Well look who deiced to join us, hello sister." Katherine taunts her, "How many times must I tell you, you can't be so reckless." Mary tells her, slipping out of Damon's grasp and vamps over to one man.

"You were no different from me." Katherine tells her, "That was a long time ago." Mary rejects as Damon walks over to her and kneels down beside her, "Oh don't be so paranoid, we're fine." she states brushing herself off. "But for how long, the townspeople will get suspicious about all the disappearing and animal attacks, it won't last forever," she tells her, Katherine just rolls her eyes. "Whatever you say dear sister," she states then got rid of the bodies, along with Stefan's help.

Mary Ann leans up against a tree, Damon was right next to her, "Damon, is this what you want, to be like this, resisting the urge for human blood, for all eternity?" Mary Ann asks him, he steps in front of her and cups her cheek, "As long as I am with you, I don't care." he tells her and pulls her into a kiss.

~End of flashback~

Mystic Falls, Present day

Morning came, at the Boarding house, Stefan laid in his room, Elena in his arms, she flutters her eyes open and smiles, Stefan shifts and kisses her behind her ear, "Good morning." she tells him, "I could get used to this." Stefan mumbles, "Rise and shine sleepyheads." Damon sang, they both jump up and cover themselves, "Oh don't be so smug." he tells them. "Seriously get out of here." Stefan tells him, covering Elena, "If there isn't something I have seen before I'll throw a dollar at it." he tells them then Samathea walk into the room, in her PJs, yawning and rubbing her eye. Not awake at all.

She then collapses onto the bed, "Hey Sammy." Elena calls out, she groans. "You alive?" she asks, "No." she muffled into the sheets, "You want to return to the land of the dead?" she asks, "Yes." she muffled again, "You'll live, now listen there somewhere important business to disuses." Damon states, "And it has to be right now when Samathea won't hear a word you say?" Elena asks her. "Oh, we have lots to do, that we're all friends, working towards a common goal." Damon states, "That sounds so weird coming from you." Samathea muffled into the sheets, Elena and Stefan bite back a smile and snickers.