ninteen.

CHAPTER NINETEEN
'not pretty, but beautiful '
-

ding dong.

"i'll get it!" mike walked down the stairs as he fixed his bow.

he opened the door and sighed in relief as he saw lucas and dustin.

"it's about damn time!"

"we're sorry! we had a little.. problem. it was dustin's fault!" lucas looked at dustin with evil eyes.

"what?" mike said.

"well-"

"you know what? i don't want to know" he said, walking into the kitchen and searching for his keys.

"mike, you alright? you seem a little.. anxious" dustin said.

"i'm-i'm fine"

"is mikey mikey nervous?" lucas teased.

"shut up!" mike frowned, walking up to them.

"where's el?" lucas asked.

"here!" a voice that made mike get goosebumps sounded from the top of the stairs.

lucas and dustin (who were facing her) widened their eyes at the sight of the girl. mike turned around and his jaw, literally, dropped. el giggled.

she wore a long red dress, nothing special but some few sparkles stuck at some parts of the dress and a silver rope around her waist. her hair was slicked back in a fancy hairstyle, and she wore a thin red hairband that matched her dress. she wore very little of makeup, just some clear lipgloss and a little bit of mascara.

she smiled from ear to ear as she walked down the stairs, her red high heels clicking against the wood, making a really satisfying noise. she walked up to mike and placed a hand on the bottom of his chin, closing his mouth.

"take a picture, it'll last longer" she said so only he could hear, tilting her head.

"el, you look-" dustin started.

"beautiful" mike blurted out. el looked at him, getting lost in those dark brown eyes she fell in love with.

"absolutely beautiful" he repeated.

her cheeks turned a light shade of pink and she looked down.

"we'll be in the car" lucas said, as they walked out.

"you don't look bad yourself" she looked up at him. mike grinned at her.

"pictures! pictures!" karen walked suddenly into the room, making both of them jump.

"wow, el! you look so pretty!"

"no pretty, but beautiful" el heard behind her. she grinned.

"okay, the pictures, go on, quick!"

el nodded and mike placed his arms around her waist from behind. he placed his head on her shoulder and they both smiled into the camera.

tonight's gonna be fun.

-

one chapter left :,) i'm emo, i can't believe all of this is almost over. i was gonna update tmrw but... tada! btw, i'm sorry for any mistakes but I literally have no time to review rn. love u all!
-b