Chapter Two

Aaliyah's POV from here on out unless I say differently.

When we pulled into my drive way I fully expecting to see Holland's car, in fact I had been praying that that would happen. But when it didn't I felt like I couldn't be unset due to the fight we had a couple of months ago, that resulted in us taking a "break" until I got home. The thing that sucks is that I was the one who said we needed a break, so I couldn't even feel upset that Holland wasn't here.

I looked over at Jerry, who was sitting right by me. Even though I explained to him that I didn't want a record deal, because I wanted to be with Holland, he still came up with me to explain to my parents what he had offered me. In short hit offered me 6 record deals, and five around the world tours, because I was a fan favorite. I shouldn't want that though, I realized just how much I didn't want to win The Voice after my fight with Holland. I put my hand on Jerry's shoulder and shake him slightly. "Jerry we're here!" He groans as he wakes up. He gets out of the limo and walks over to my side of the car and opens it. He puts out his hand and I take it.

One of the big reasons I didn't want to take the record deal is because Jerry has a little bit of a crush on me, and that would make it really awkward to work with him. Not to be rude, but I couldn't see myself with anyone like him. His voice was too high pitched, it's squeaked and squealed every time he talked. In fact every time he talked I could hear my hearing aids squeal. It was ridiculous. He shuts my door and I loop my arm and his.

"So it seems that your perfect boyfriend isn't here," he says,  causing me to flinch slightly. My heart falls a little bit.

"He'll be here," I say although I'm not so sure of myself.

"You don't sound so sure," he replies to me. I shrug, knowing that he was just trying to get to me. We walk up the steps and I open the door to be greeted by my parents. I was so happy to see my parents, that I couldn't wipe the huge grin off my face. I noticed my mom without her phone, and type something. I wonder who she's texting. She took today off so she shouldn't be on call. I can see a flash of worrying her eyes as she put her phone in her back pocket and looked at my dad.

"Mom, Dad this is Jerry, Jerry, these are my parents, Lydia and Jake," I introduced them. Jerry's shakes my mom and dad's hands with his free hand. I look at their expressions, but they were completely blank. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I've never seen them that expressionless in my life. Maybe it was fear, or maybe it was panic? I couldn't tell. I was starting to get worried, what were they not telling me, what was happening? I look around at everybody just awkwardly standing there, which makes me feel slightly awkward. Usually I can break an awkward silence, but this time I had no idea what to say. I am loop our arms and hug my parents.

"I missed you guys," I say, confident that that's why they looked so dismayed.

"We missed you too Aaliyah," they say, worry apparent in their voices.

"So Aaliyah, when were you going to tell us about your new boyfriend?" my mom asks.

"Yeah it would have been nice to know before I drove all the way out here," I hear someone to the side of me. My heart starts to race after I hear the second voice. the voice was deep, and it was beautiful, but who did it belong to? I turn my head to the side and see Holland. My heart starts to race and butterflies erupt it in my stomach as I look at him. He had changed so much in the year that I hadn't seen him. He looks like a man, not a Manchild. I look at my mom then look back at him.

"Holland?" I asked, even though I was certain that's who it was.

"Man you don't recognize me?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders. I couldn't believe how much she changed, his once Brown shaggy hair was now cut into a clean haircut and spiked, the earrings that he had got who knows when were out and the holes were seemingly closed, and his face had matured. I didn't know what to do, I felt the overwhelming urge to just run up to him and hug him, but I didn't know if he wanted that. Just that it registered in my mind what my mom had said.

"Mom this is not my boyfriend!" I announce, "this is a guy who wants to sign me on to his record label," I finish.

"Are you going to take it?" Holland asks.

I look at him and say, "No, I was going to turn it down so I could be with you."

"With all due respect Aaliyah, I really don't think you should turn this down I mean six CDs, and three worldwide tours and you're going to turn it down!" Jerry exclaims.

"You heard her she doesn't want it," Holland says, getting defensive.

"Why did you come back here if she was going to turn it down?" My mom asks.

"Well, because I thought if I told you guys the contract maybe you guys would make her do it," he says.

"We won't make our little girl do anything she doesn't want to do," my dad says, "thank you for coming all the way out here, but I don't think we're interested," my dad says walking around us and opening the door. "Have a good day Jerry," he says.

"You're going to regret this Aaliyah!" Jerry says.

"I don't think I will," I reply as I kept my eyes on Holland. "I have everything I need right here."

Hey guys! I hope you guys like the second chapter of LTNSDG! If you did make sure to comment and, share, and vote! I love you guys and thank you so much for reading my book.

Love and peace ✌
Kennedy