Chapter Four

I lay on Holland's bed while he goes to the store to get a few things. I stayed here because his parents decided to go with him, and they needed a babysitter. Natalie and Madi were asleep in their rooms, and Landon was sitting by me, playing on my phone. I look over at the screen to see it turn off. "It's dead," he informs me before handing my phone to me. He jumps off of the bed and walks over to Holland's suit jacket and starts feeling in the pockets. I watch curiously as he pulls a brown box out of a pocket. We gets back on the bed and hands me the box. "What is it?" he asks curiously. I shrug my shoulders before opening it. I gasp and drop it on the bed. I was definitely not supposed to see this. I pick it up and shut the box.

"I'm home!" Holland yells. I start to panic. Where was I going to put this?! I look over at his bed side table and open one of the drawers. I shove it under a few things before shutting it. He walks into his room he grabs his suit jacket and gets a panicked look on his face before hanging it on his door. Okay, good, he doesn't have the ring so he can't propose to me just yet. "Aaliyah, I have a question," he informs me. I watch him as he gets on the ground. Wait... What? He doesn't even have the ring. He stands back up off of the floor and tosses a shirt over my head and into the basket. I sigh in relief. "What's your deal? You look pale?"

"Oh nothing, I'm fine... What's your question?"

"What movie do you want to watch? I went to Redbox and got a few, but I wasn't sure which one we should watch," he tells me. I nod my head before getting off of his bed. I followed him into the living room to see blanket laid out on the floor with a bunch of food and drinks. And I over and sit down and start to look at the movies. I see La La Land, The Space Between Us, Beauty and the Beast. "Man there is similarity between all these movies," I point out nervously. He sits by me,

"What do you mean?" he asks. I shake my head.

"Oh, nevermind," I tell him before picking Beauty and the Beast.

"Okay... I've heard that's a good movie."

"Yeah me too." He pops it into the movie player and hits play. Every time Holland got up to go do something I felt extremely nervous and anxious. I mean when I found out it was a matter of time before I came home I knew that he would propose to me soon after that, but I didn't know that it would be this soon. I honestly didn't think I was ready for that huge leap in our relationship. I mean marriage is a pretty serious thing, and considering the fact that both of us are only 19 she don't know if I can be fully on board, no matter how long we've been together.

About 45 minutes in I yawn before placing my head on his shoulder. I kinda hope that I will fall asleep so that there isn't a chance that he will pop the question tonight. "Baby, are you tired?" he asks as he lays his head on my own. I nod as I yawn once more, "ya know we can go to bed, right babe?" he asks quizzically.

"I know, but I know how much you had your heart set on the movie," I tell him.

"Nah, babe, as long as I'm with you I'm good, let's go to bed," he tells me before he stands up. I reach my hand up, hoping that he will pull me up, but instead he bends down and picks me up bridal style... I wrap my arms around his neck as he walks to his room. He places me on the ground. I walk over to my bag and grab my toothbrush and pajamas.

"Holl, I'm gonna go get in the shower," I tell him. He nods his head as I walk past him. When I finally get to the bathroom all I think about was the ring that I saw, my dream wedding ring. The one thing I couldn't figure out is how he knew. I assume that he must've done his homework.

I strip off my clothes and hop into the shower. I stand under the warm water, hoping that that'll relieve some of the anxiety I'm experiencing. After washing everything I get out and dry off. I put everything on sand brush my teeth. After I'm done I unlock the door to see Holland standing there. "What's up, Holl?" I ask him curiously as I casually look down at his hands.

"Nothing, just need to brush my teeth," he informs me. I nod before walking past him and going to his room. For the first time ever I was really hoping that he would sleep on the couch in his room, or that he would sleep in the guest room. I quickly putt a couple of pillows off his bed before climbing under the covers. I lay in the darkness for a minute before I feel a plop on the bed and arms wrapping around me.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

"Well, Lees, I figured that we should get used to sharing the bed," he tells me, "by the way, you're on my side, but I guess I'll have to learn to deal with it," he finishes with a chuckle. I chuckle before gulping. "'Night, I love you," he tells her before kissing my cheek.

"I love you too, Holl," I tell him. He sighs before snuggling his head in the nape of my neck. Although I feel extremely comfortable and at home in his arms I find it hard to take my mind off of what may happen in the next couple of days. As I drift to sleep the last thing I think is I could be engaged before the end of this week.