Chapter Seven

"Hey, Aaliyah, wake up," I hear while someone is slightly shaking my shoulder. I open my eyes, but I shield them quickly due to the suns blinding rays. When my eyes finally adjust to the sun I open them to see Holland looking at me.

"Hi, love, how was school?" I question as I sit up and hurriedly run my fingers through my hair to tame it. He grabs my hand and starts drawing on my palm.

"It was good, I hope you had a good day too," he tells me.

"It was, the triplets are asleep," I inform him. He nods his head and gives me a soft smile.

"How would you like to go to dinner tonight, Lees?" He asks, barely inaudible. I give him a small smile before I lace my fingers through his.

"I would love to," I tell him. He runs his thumb over mine before letting go of my hand and stands up.

"We ate going to a realitively nice place to eat, so dress to impress," he says sending a wink in my direction before he walks away from me and down the hall. I stand up and extend my arms over my head to stream out my back before I walk back to Holland's room. I walk over to my bags and pull a green dress and undergarments out of it. I put my stuff on the bed and walk into the bathroom. I pass Holland as he's walking into his room and ruffle his now wet hair. He snatches my hand from his hair and pulls me over to him. I smirk at him.

"I hope you're holding onto your towel tight enough," I tease him before stabbing his stomach and walking to the shower.

After ditching my clothes I hopped into the shower and let the warm water run on my back for a few minutes before finally washing my hair. I put my hair in a ponytail after putting the conditioner in my hair and started shaving my legs and armpits. After doing that I rinse the conditioner out and get out of the shower. I secure a towel around me before I walk back into Holland's room to retrieve my clothes.

"I hope your holding onto your towel good enough," Holland mocked from behind me. He stabbed my side, causing me to squeal and jump foreward, "man you're pretty jumpy tonight," he whispers as he wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"Get off of me you freak," I tell him. He chuckles before letting go if my arms and waltzing out of his room. I put my undergarments on and wrapped my robe around me before walking into the bathroom and drying my hair. After drying my hair I straightened my hair and Dutch braided a section in the front of my hair. I pull my hairspray out of my drawer and spray my hair.

After I deem my hair good enough I pull my makeup bag. I put on foundation, concealer, powder, and a baby wing before I finish my face with highlighter, blush, lip gloss, and mascara. I smile at my reflection. I look pretty. I walk back to Holland's room and slip into my dress before realising that I don't have any shoes that match my dress. I sigh before sneaking into Danielle's room, hoping that Holland didn't see me.

"Hi, Miss Aaliyah," Danielle says.

"Hi, Danielle, how was work?" I ask her. She turns to me and looks me up and down.

"Awe, Aaliyah, you look so pretty," she tells me. I smile at her.

"Thank you," I reply.

"You're welcome, sweetheart, so I'm guessing you need shoes?" She says as she looks down at my feet. I nod. She walks over to me and grabs my wrist before pulling me to her closet. She opened the door to reveal a huge walk in closet with every piece of clothing available. I look around until a pair of red pumps catch my eye. Those were some of the shoes in Holland's closet a couple years ago.

"Danielle, why did Holland have a huge hidden closet, full of girl clothes, in your other house?" I ask curiously.

"Because, Martin and I didn't have a closet. So he had his clothes in a dresser and I put mine in the back of Holland's," she informs me with a small laugh.

"Okay, that makes more sense," I tell her before walking to the shoes and taking them off of the shoe rack,"can I  use these?" I ask turning to her. She nods her head as I sit down and put them on. Perfect! I stand up and walk over to her. I wrap my arms around her.

"Thank you for everything, Danielle," I tell her. She hugs me back.

"Thank, you for everything, Aaliyah," she tells me before letting go of me. She puts my hair in front of my shoulders and smiles at me. We walk out of her room, and into the living room where Holland was in a suit and tie. He stands from the couch and walks over to me. I look up at him and he smiles.

"You look like at little Christmas present, all you need is a bow on your head," he teases me before he grabs my chin and brings my lips to his. When he pulls away he has a really big smile on his face, that went from his lips all the way to his eyes.

"Are you ready to go, baby?" He asks. I smile back at him before saying "Yeah, let's go." He grabs my hand and leads me through his front door and to the passenger side, where he opened the door for me. After he closes the door he walks around the front of the car, and I can't help but watch him. Before I know what's going on Holland is in the drivers seat and chuckling at me.

"Why are you watching me so closely?" He asks me. I bite my bottom lip as my cheeks go red.

"I don't know, I guess you're just handsome," I say before looking away. He chuckles one last time before pulling out of his driveway.