Free

We all have problems, some problems aren't as bad but, some are bad that you just want to go. Go somewhere nobody is at.

"Come down here you little slut!" My father yells as I was at my window;bags in hands. I thown my bags on the ground outside and then jumped down. I land on my feet and picked my bags up, "Fuck you all." I whisper while flipping the house off.

I started to walk to my best friend house to pick her up.

Once I'm there, I see her jumping out of her window. "Be careful" I said to her.

"I am." She then  jumps. She landed on her feet.

you good?" I asked as she put her backpack on her back like me.

"Yep. Let's go."

"Finally leaving out of theses hell holes Alice." I said happily. "God I'm so happy."

"Me too, Lyric."

I looked into my book bag and pulled out a stack of money. "Right here is $1,356 Alice. We'll have to be careful with it."

"How did you get that much?"

"Well, I saved from all my birthday's and my jobs. I even stole tips from other people's table's at LuLu's Diner." I said. I'm not very proud of it. I hate stealing but, you have to do what you gotta do.

All she did was nod back. I didn't expect her to say anything back so, it didn't affect me.

As we were walking, all I could think about was my home past. It wasn't good. Abuse happened ever day. Ever since I got there 7 years ago. I'm just happy I'm leaving with my best friend. At least, there's someone who loves and supports me.

"Where are we going?" Alice asked, taking me out of my headspace.

"I have no idea. All I know is that, we need to be far away."

"Good."

"I love these woods." I said looking around at the large trees cover in moss and leaves, branches, bushes, flowers, and more around us.

"I do too, it's very peaceful." she turns her head.

"Indeed."

We walked a little more to see lights from a city that was about 20 mins away from where we lived. "Maybe we can get a room at the motel here for the night and leave early." Alice said.

"Ok."

•••

"Just one bed please." I said to the person who gives rooms up.

"Alright. That will be $50." The lady sighs. I can tell she hates her job. Not gonna lie, I would too.

I gave her a 50 dollar bill. "Have a good day lady's." She said as we nodded and head to our room. Once we where there, Alice opened the door.

"Oh" I said looking around. The room was dark with one light in the corner and 1 queen bed and a small room, I guess is the bathroom.

"Hey," Alice begins. "we're  just staying for one night. Don't worry love."

"Ugh," I looked around the bed. "It will do. I love you Alice."

"I love you to Lyric." I felt her head land on my shoulder.

"Want to watch tv?" I said while grabbing the remote off the desk side.

"Sure." I turned the tv on. It was fuzzy in the beginning but, the signal cleared up. The News channel was already on so, we decided to watch it.