Angie

"Where are we going?" Alice voice intruders my thinking.

"Hm," I hummed. "I was thinking to the next city."

"That could work."

As we walk in the forrest, I notice all the moss growing on the trees. There was a lot more than I anticipated. We were about (2 1/2) hours away from our homes.

I just can't believe we actually made it. We've planned this since we were 15 and it actually went through perfectly.

"We should see if there is a camp ground somewhere." Alice says as I turned to look at her.

"Ok."

•••

"There's nothing here."

I rolled my eyes, "You didn't even look."

"Shut up." Alice laughed.

I looked around the forest. As I was walking, I felt someone was watching me. I looked around my surroundings to see a little girl behind a tree.

"Hi." I whispered.

She didn't say anything to me. "My name is Lyric, how about yours?" I started to walk slowly towards her.

She flinched, "It's okay sweetie, I won't hurt you."

The little girl stayed as I was only two steps away from her.

"H-Hi."

I smiled, her little voice is so precious. She sounded ages from 8-10. As I got closer, her features popped out. She had red hair, green eyes, freckles, and high cheekbones.

"What's your name?" I asked again.

"A-Angie."

"That's a very beautiful name."

"Thank y-you." She blushed.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?" I asked. How could this little girl be alone?

"I don't have a mommy and a daddy," She sighs. "mommy told me that I was not enough."

"So they left you here?"

She nodded. How could a grown man and grown women leave their own child behind and say they're not enough? This makes me sick.

"How old are you?"

She holds up 7 fingers, "This many."

"Lyric!?" I voice suddenly says.

The little girl flinched again, "Don't worry Angie. It's my friend."

"Over here!" I yelled back so Alice could walk closer to me.

"Did you find a ca- woah." Her eyes fell on the girl. Her and Angie made eye contact. "Hi, my name is Alice."

"A-Angie."

Alice looked at me, "Is she with us now?"

I shrugged, "Would you like to come with us?"

"What are y'all doing?" She asked. Her voice is kinda shaky.

"Well, me and my friend right here, are just adventuring the world. We'll be walking everywhere we go."

She nodded, "O-Okay."

I smiled as she grabbed my hand. We all just walking straight until we saw lights. Lights of a city.

It was beautiful. There was traffic lights, building lights, and car lights. It was a beautiful sight to take in.

"We need to find a place to stay, Lyric." Alice reminded me. I've been sidetracked because of me finding this little girl.

"I know," I sighed. "I think we will get a motel or something of that sort."

She nodded.

"I-I have a camp." Angie's voice came to my ears.

"Who's all there?"

"Just some homeless men and women. T-They have food. They like new people. They were very nice to me so, I'd think they'll be nice to you guys." She explained.

"Oh," Alice says. "Where would we find this camp at?"

"Right over there." She points to the blue tarp that's showing through the trees. How did we not see that?

Me and Alice looked at each other and she just shrugged. "Okay babe, take us there."

She smiled. She pulled my hand and dragged me all the way to the tarp.
"Mrs. Lily!" She somewhat yells.

A skinny women, maybe to her late 30's, pokes her head out of the blue tarp. Her hair was black and her eyes were hazel.

"Hey pumpkin!" She pulls Angie to her chest. "Where you've been?"

"I made more friends!"

The lady named Mrs. Lily, looked at us. She squinted her eyes and smiled. "Hello girls."

"Hi."

"Why are you ladies in the forest?" She asked.

"Well," I sat down. "Me and my friend are running away. Our foster homes weren't so great."

She shook her head, "I understand but, you girls are so young. Are you sure you  want to do this?"

"Yes ma'ma." Alice says.

"Oh dear, call me Mrs. Lily. I'm not that old." She laughs. "Well, you're more happy to stay. My friends are getting food and stuff. They'll be back any minute now."

We nodded. As Alice talked to Mrs. Lily, I started at the ground. There was dead leaves, Moss, dirty, and rocks. As I looked more, I saw syringes.

My eyebrows knitted together as I picked the syringe up. There was white liquid in them. What is that?

"Oh dear," the old lady gasped. "Put that down!"

"W-What is it?"

She sighed, "It's heroine."

Heroine. The drug that kills. The drug that takes stuff away. The drug that most people craved. This is the drug that nobody wants in their life but, for me, it brings me joy.

"Can I have some?"

A/N
We'll get to Ethan and Grayson soon. Probably later. Idk😂

Love u