Officer Grayson

"I like him." Cole said.

I looked at him, "Who?"

"That Officer. He took care of you and I'm glad!" That warmed my heart. Cole was basically my dad and Mrs. Lily was basically my mom. Angie was my little sister to me.

I hugged him, "Yeah, he did. I'm happy to be home tho."

He nods, "I'm more happy."

I rolled my eyes, "You're a crazy old man." I laugh.

He laughs as well, "The craziest people are the wises."

The craziest people are the wises.

Never heard that before. Is he right? Of course he's right, Cole is always right, sometimes.

I look around the woods to see Alice walking towards me. She looks worn out. She needs some rest but, she's afraid that I'll overdoes again so, she doesn't sleep until my high is done.
It makes me feel terrible!

"Hey."

She smiled, "Hey, Officer Ethan and his brother are outside the woods. They wanted me to get you real quick."

My anxiety picked up. They want to see me?

"W-Why?"

"Just to talk. Y'know Officer Ethan does like you." She lies. He doesn't like me; nobody does.

"Mhm." I get up and follow her to where Officer Ethan and his brother are.

The snaps of branches could be heard. The sound of leaves crunching beneath us was loud and clear. The sound of birds and bugs were softly in the background. The water of the little creek was in the background. It was relaxing to hear all the noises of nature at night.

I then see, two men in cop outfits at the borderline of the woods. The one on the left was a tad bit taller than the other, but they look exactly the same.

As we got closer, I could spot some differences. The one on the left was tanner than Officer Ethan. Ethan has a sharper jawline and had a tattoo on his hand. It was a cross with roses around it.

"Hey." Officer Ethan says.

"H-Hi, you n-needed me?"

"Yes! So, we're checking up on you." He smiled. "This is my brother, Grayson, Officer Grayson."

Officer Grayson waves at me, "How's it going?"

"It's good." I lie.

He looks into my eyes, he's looking into my soul and I don't like it. He knows I'm lying, doesn't he?

"Well," Officer Ethan said. "we just wanted to see how you were doing.
Y'know, the option to stay with me is still on the table."

"I know."

He nods, "Alright, it's time for us to leave. See you girls sometime."

We wave 'bye', Alice turns to me, "Oh my god, Officer Grayson is so hot." Her voice is to a whisper.

I laugh, "Yeah?"

"Yeah! Like, I'd do anything for him to keep his hands on me." I can't believe she's talking like this right now.

"Ew, don't tell me you fantasies." I laugh.

"Your loss." She giggle as she skipped to the camp. I laugh as she was ahead of me.

•••

The needle in my vain's feel extravagant. What feels more extravagant is the heroine entering my bloodstream. I know I shouldn't do it but, I can't help the temptation.

I was trying to stop but, the withdrawl was terrible. Yesterday, I was shivering, sweating, dry heathing, and just crying so much.

I couldn't take it. Not now, not ever.
Alice keeps helping me, but she doesn't need to help me. I understand what could happen to me and I can control it again.

"Lyric?"

I looked at Alice, "Uh, Yeah?"

"What are you doing?" I put the syringe down.

"N-Nothing."

She sighs, "I want you to take Ethan's offer."

I glare at her, "What? Why?"

"Because look at you! You're getting worse!"

I get into her face, "I thought we were into this together!"

"We are! But fucking heroine is not going to be in this with us!" Her voice gets louder and louder. "I'm not going to sit here and do nothing while you're dying! You already overdosed again and I'm not risking loosing you again! You need to fucking realize that, I love you way to much for heroine to take your life!"

My eyes filled with tears. I don't know what to think. She just yelled at me.

"Lyric, I just don't want you to die. You have so much life to explore. You need to stay alive for me! You can't let drugs take you, not again. Please, just please stop." She breaks down.

Tears wouldn't stop rolling down my cheeks. The thought of loosing her broke me even more. She's right. She's always right!

I come to her and hug her. Her sobs were loud in  my ear but, I didn't care. Both of us didn't care as long we have each other.

"P-Please. I can't do t-this wi-without you." I hug her tighter. She had her breaking point and so did I.

Even tho I just said, I couldn't take the withdrawals again, I'm going to do it again, for her.

"O-Okay," I whisper. "I'll do it."