Heroine

The anticipation of Mrs. Lily's answer is toxic. My hands began to become shaky, my palms began to get sweaty. I haven't done heroine in years. I stopped for the safety of my life but, this time, maybe just this time, will not be a mistake.

"Lyric, no." Alice says.

"I'll be fine. I won't do it as much as I did before." My mouth started to water. The feeling I've been craving is starting to come back worse now.

"You promise?"

"I promise."

I looked at Mrs. Lily as she got a syringe out. Surprisingly, she didn't even say anything when I asked. Which was nice.

She gave me the syringe as I rolled my sleeve up. I flicked my arm to find a vain, which I did, eventually.

I looked at Alice, her face heard concern. I could tell in her eyes that this wasn't a good idea. I have it under control.

I pushed the needle into my vain and pushed the liquid into my bloodstream. The burning sensation in my vagina started to happen. I pulled the syringe out and put it on the ground.

I laid back on the ground as the drugs kicked in. My whole body felt fuzzy. Burning is what I felt but, it was a good feeling. My vision became blurry;I saw double vision. I felt myself become numb. The problems went away.

"This is the good shit." Mrs. Lily says as she shots up. I looked at her to see her smiling as Alice and Angie aren't here.

"W-Where they go?"

"Alice decided Angie shouldn't see this right now." I nodded. I sit up and just laugh.

"Yeah, that's some good shit. I want some more." I say between laughs. Mrs. Lily laugh, "Girl, you're crazy."

She hands me another syringe, I put the needle where I put the last one. I pushed more toxins into me.

The high was so much. My vision turned colors as the noises became louder. I closed my eyes, feeling everything take over me. Never have I ever thought that, I'd be back feeling this way.

"Damn," I sighed. "I'm staying here for a while." I laughed my ass off.

Mrs. Lily giggled, "Stay all you want."

I smiled. I laid back down and that's all I remember before blacking out.

•••

"Lyric."

"W-What?" I asked.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes Alice, I am."

She put her hands up in surrender, "Just wondering. You did a lot of heroine."

"And it felt fucking amazing."

She smiled, "I rather do coke or weed."

I nodded, "They probably have that." I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, it's hard to get good heroine around here so, it's not that hard to find Coke and weed.

"I'll think about it but, we do need to go to the store. The little market isn't far from here Angie says." She says. Why is she changing the topic? Maybe it's a hard topic, I don't know.

"For?"

"Food. If we're doing their drugs, at least we can feed them as well." She has a good point.

"Okay fine." I say walking towards Angie. "Hey babe. When everyone wakes up, tell them that me and Alice will be back. We're going to the market for food."

"Okay!" She says happily. "Be careful!"

I smiled, "We will, doll."

•••

"Chips?"

"Put it in the cart." I laughed. We've been in the store for 5 mins and we already have chips and other little snacks.

"What about cand-" My voice got caught off as these two boys walked in talking loudly.

"Yeah," The one that was taller said. "We need to find that heroine dealer before more people die."

"Well, it's very difficult. There's so many people that do it that, nobody knows where the supplier is." The other one says.

They look like twins. Hot twins. They were in uniform. Cop uniforms.

"Alice, we need to pay for this stuff right now." I gestured to the cops. She nodded, we fast walked to the cashier.

As we put the things on the counter, the cops walked up to us. I didn't turn to them. They can't see my face or Alice face.

"Good morning girls." One with a deeper voice said.

"Good m-morning." Damnit. Fuck you, you stutter.

"That will be $28.59, ma'ma." The young cashier said to me. I pulled money out of my pocket, "Keep the change."

I took the bags but, me being me, I fell. The one cop with the higher voice out his hand out for me.

"Are you okay?"

I finally looked up, into his eyes. My breath hitches. My brown orbs meets his hazel ones. Just staring into his eyes make my stomach twist. His features were so beautiful. He has an amazing jawline, he has a scruff on his face. His eye brows looked so much better than mine. His lips looked to soft. He was a beautiful human.

"Y-Yeah. Thanks sir."

He smiles, "Call me officer Ethan. No 'sir' stuff, I'm not that old."

"Beg to differ." The other one says.

"Grayson, I'm in a few mins older." Ethan laughs.

"And?"

Ethan rolls his eyes. He looked at my face longer, "You look fam-"

"I gotta go si- Officer Ethan. Nice meeting you!" I say as I grab Alice hand. We started walking into the forest that was on the side of the market.

"What was that back there?"

"What do you mean?"

"You and that officer. Y'all looked like you knew each other." Alice says. Hers guess is bigger than mine.

I shrugged as we walked until we saw the blue tarp. I put the bags in front of the people there, "I got some food for us. Hopefully I got the good stuff." I laughed.

"Anything is good for us." An elder said. To find out, his name is Cole. He was a weird man. He loves coke and spiritual stuff. He knows the best dealers out there.

Everyone got there little snacks and drinks. We sat in silence while we ate. Since we were in silence, I began to think, think about Officer Ethan.

He was so beautiful. His eyes held so much in them. So much happiness, fearlessness, and dominance.

What he didn't know was that, I'm the one shooting up and I'm one of the reasons why he's looking for heroine dealers.

A/N
Well, we've met the officers🤷‍♀️

Love y'all

~T👠