Chapter Three

Hey again ♡ How is everyone?

***

Chapter 3

I rode with Alex to an old diner in the middle of nowhere.

Apparently this was their 'hip hang-out place', it honestly looked like the 1970's threw up.

We pulled into a parking space between Noah and Ashton.

I unbuckled and climbed out of my car, standing face-to-face with Ashton.

He smiled, and we stood there for a moment, before he blushed and walked away.

What just happened?

I'm not going to lie, Alex and Ashton were extremely attractive.
The other boys were too, but not quite as much as Alex and Ashton.

"I'm glad you came with us girly," Noah chuckled, throwing his arm around my shoulders.

I cringed at his use of the word 'girly'.

***

We sat at a booth near a window, Alex, Jake, and I on one side, and Ashton and Noah on the other side.

"So, we have something to tell you," I started, wanting this to be over with.

I nudged him in the ribs to get him to talk.

"We're not actually dating. We're faking it to get back at Sierra, we both have a bad history with her." He explained.

Their expressions went flat for a moment, but they were quickly replaced with understanding looks.

Jake winked at me, and Ashton smiled sheepishly at me.

"Oh my gosh guys, your making me want to throw-up!" Noah and Alex exclaimed in sync when he saw Jake and Ashton.

"Can Violet come over here with us? Since you're not actually dating and she seems to be slowly inching away from you as though you're the plague," Ashton laughed.

Alex nodded, sliding out of the booth so that I could get out.

The way Ashton looked at me when I slid in beside him made me smile.

I saw Alex's eyes darken, and I smirked, knowing he was jealous.

He deserves it, after what he put my family through.

We all laughed and talked and ate, but eventually it was time to go.

I was frankly really starting to like Ashton; I mean, he was sweet, and funny, and passionate about most of the things I'm passionate about. Especially nutella...

"I can take Violet home," Ashton suggested, making my heart flutter.

The boys said that was fine, so we were off.

The start of the ride was kind of awkward, but after I told him my address, things started to be more comfortable.

"When I told you that you were beautiful this morning, that didn't quite do a justice," Ashton admitted.

It was my turn to blush.

"Thanks," I muttered, my voice barely above a whisper.

He chuckled, "You're cute when you blush."

My cheeks went even brighter.

Eventually we pulled into my driveway.

"Can I ask you what happened with you, Alex and Sierra?" Ashton asked.

I almost did, but then I remembered we had just met that morning.

"Some other time." I sighed.

He didn't push. There's something else I like about him.

***

I slammed my fist on my alarm clock. I didn't bother opening my eyes since it was a Saturday.

I was about asleep again, when my phone started ringing.
I groaned, picking my phone up.
I didn't bother glancing at the called ID before pressing it to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked monotonely.

"Hey babe," Alex chirped, and I could tell he was smirking on the other end.

I rolled my eyes, "What do you want? When we're not at school, we have no reason to converse."

He sighed, "I'm sorry for what happened, but it wasn't on purpose. Can we please talk it out or something?"

I ran a hand through my hair, feeling the slightest amount of remorse.

"Some other time. Why did you call?" I asked quizzically, leaving myself an open mind.

"I was wondering it you wanted to hang out. The boys and I are going to hang out at the beach," He said, and I shrugged.

"Sure." I replied simply.

***

After we discussed the time and which beach, I started getting ready.

I washed my face and threw my hair into a ponytail.
I packed suncream and a towel, before slipping on a one-piece.

I wasn't confident enough to wear a revealing bikini like most girls now.

A car honked outside and I put on a pair of aqua tinted sunglasses, before running outside.

My flip-flops pouncing on the ground with every step I took.

We were all carpooling in Jake's car, which I was fine with because he had a dark blue jeep wrangler; my dream car.

***

This chapter was short, but the last one makes up for it!

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote, comment and share....BYEEEE!