Chapter Seventeen

Heyyy, don't forget to comment and vote!

***

Chapter 17

I wiped away the tear that had fallen down my cheek before pulling Zach into my arms.

"Goodbye Zachary." I sniffled, burying my face in his chest.

I'm going to miss him...I probably won't see him for months.

"Goodbye little sis. I'm going to go now, because if I wait any longer I won't be able to leave," He chuckled sadly, pulling away from me.

"Goodbye man. Just a warning, if you break her heart, I'll break you."  Zach said threateningly, jokingly pointing a menacing finger at Alex who was beside me for support.

"Bye bro." Alex chuckled, shaking Zach's hand.

He had already said goodbye to mom, so without another word, he climbed into his car and drove off.

"You'll see him again, it'll be okay." Alex assured me, pulling me into a tight embrace, resting his chin on the top of my head.

***

It had been about an hour since Zach left when I got a phone call.

"Hello?" I muttered into the phone, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"Is this Violet? If so, Zachary has been involved in a severe shooting, and has sadly taken a blow to the stomach," She told me what hospital he was in and the room number. She said he could be alright, but she said there was a higher chance he wouldn't be.

My jaw dropped and tears were freely falling from my eyes.

"No." I whimpered, wiping the tears off my face.

I lost dad, why did I have to have the chance of loosing Zach too?

I dialled the first number that came to mind and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" Alex's voice spoke gently on the other line.

"P-please come here. H-hurry." I sobbed into the phone.

"Okay darling, stay on the phone with me. Everything will be alright." He cooed.

He continued to murmur reassuring thoughts through the phone. What I like about him, is he didn't push to find out what was wrong.

Finally he knocked on the door.

***

After I explained everything, as if on cue we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"Are you okay?" Alex inquired, cupping my face in his hand.

"Of course I'm not okay! My brother is in that building dying!" I shouted, my voice breaking on the last word.

Instead of getting out and leaving me a crying mess like I expected, Alex leaned over and pulled me onto his lap.
He buried his head in the crook of my neck, and I leaned back, my back pressing against his chest.

"Everything will be okay." Alex assured me.

I knew he was right. But things wouldn't be okay for a while, even if they're going to be eventually.

"Thanks. We should probably go in now." I sighed, afraid of what was waiting for us in that building everyone dreads.

***

I sat in the chair beside Zach's bed; His hand was in mine.

Alex went to go get the two of us coffee, because we we're going to be there until something changed.

"I'll be okay baby sis. And even if I'm not, you will be," Zach smiled, wincing in pain.

"I already lost dad. I can't loose you too." I whimpered, squeezing his hand tighter.

He smiled softly, a sheen of sadness falling over his blue eyes.

Suddenly the door was pushed open and a doctor wearing a white coat entered.
He was holding a clipboard full of papers, and was skimming over the words written on them.

"I'm going to have you ask you to wait in the room right out side of here. We have to run some tests and do an operation or two on Zach here." The doctor spoke swiftly, absolutely no emotion audible in his tone.

I nodded, wiping the tear off my cheek.

I squeezed Zach's hand one last time for comfort.

I don't even know whether it was for my benefit or his.

I left the room, and walked to the waiting room.

Alex was already there with our coffee, anxiously tapping his foot on the ground.

"How is he?" Alex demanded, jumping to his feet.

"I don't know. All I know is they're running some tests and doing s a couple operations." I whispered, my voice almost inaudible.

"It'll be okay."

***

Oh-no...

Thanks for reading, don't forget to comment, vote, and share!

Byeeee!