A conversation with the Lord.

When Sandra woke up, she found herself in an old vintage cottage. She was sleeping on a grand bed with fluffy cushions and lace and there was a small thing sleeping next to her.

When she rubbed her eyes clear, she saw it to be a small puppy, wearing a bow.

"aw!", said Sandra as she tried to carry it.

"no! stop", said the puppy, alarmed, "I will never allow anybody to do that to me, to the honorable

lord of wellington!".

Sandra now started to feel fear. First, she woke up in a place unknown and second, she just had a conversation with a puppy! No, no... she must be asleep...she must be dreaming...

But, no! everything was real!

"Well, let me tell you everything...", started the puppy but Sandra screamed, "Stop! Please! Leave me! I didn't do anything! Let me just go back to my house!".

Saying so, she broke into a fit of tears.

"OK, young lady! I won't ask you to drink back your tears. Come on, pour all your miseries out! I know you are a tough lass. The great mother told us so. So, get ready, because your world is going to change from today onward. You tell me when you are ready and I will tell you the whole story", The small puppy said in a very gentle manner.

"OK Sandra. You were just kidnapped by a blue-haired hippy, you are crying like a ninny, in some unknown place, and you are talking to a goddamn puppy! OK, OK....... Everything is normal. Very normal!", Sandra screamed. 

"I am now ready, Lord of Wellington, if I am right?"

"Very well, you recovered from your shock much faster than I thought you would. Ok, I shall now begin the grand story", and so the lord started,

"First, you must know that we are not in the twentieth century anymore. It is 1578. We are in London. Lady Mary Gray has died and now Lady Mary Merrick is in trouble. I am now going to let out a secret. The British royal family, specially the house of Tudor, are very close allies of the Tylwyth Teg.  The Tylwyth Teg are the fairy folk of the Welsh. Many of these fairy maidens, called Gwragedd Annwn, have also married the lords and other men of the royalty. In fact, I was a mere pet of the human Lord Wellington, who was the husband of one of Queen Mab's maids. By the way, Queen Mab is the ruler of the Tylwyth Teg. After my lord's death, impressed by my loyal nature, Queen Mab Gave be humane powers and made me the Lord of Wellington!", saying so, the Lord's chest puffed with pride.

"Lady Mary Grey was a close childhood friend of Queen Mab's sister, Mary Willoughby. She was very fond of her stepchildren- especially the one named Jane Merrick. Now, Jane Merrick, very affectionate about her stepmother, named her daughter Mary too and made the lady the child's godmother."

"Whoa! Whoa! Stop! Ok. Give me two minutes to digest all this.", said Sandra and closed her eyes. After a minute or so, she opened her eyes and said, "Continue, please."

"If you say so. Ok, where was I?"

"Lady Mary became the godmother of tiny baby Mary Merrick."

"Right! Yes, till that, everything was happy. Three or four days before dying from pneumonia, Lady Mary Grey made little Mary Merrick, the heir to most of her Valuables. Her friend, Mary Willoughby- "

"HOW MANY MARYs ?!"

"I promise this is the last one......... mostly."

"Ok, sorry. Continue."

"So, Mary Willoughby was now angry. She thought her friend would have passed her priced possessions to her! But, this upstart Mary Merrick had snatched that luxury and affection from her! So, she has now asked her fairy husband, the evil Donovan, to kill Mary Merrick! And through her prophecy, in the Big Temple, our great mother, Mam natur herself, has told us that if Mary Merrick dies, then soon Tylwyth Teg would collapse and die due to its sin of killing an innocent being. She said that Mary Merrick's descendant from the future land would be the one to save the baby Mary. 

And, that descendant, my dear one, is no one but you!"

________________________________________________________________________________