Chapter Twenty Two

7 AM, London, England

Alice woke up to the sound of her ringtone playing, and as always, she set the song playing really loudly or otherwise she would probably barely wake up. 
With a loud groan out of discomfort, she blinked a couple of times and slammed a fist on her phone to end the alarm at last.

Patting the surface of the bed next to her, she could easily notice that Alfred had already woken up - possibly much earlier. 

She always admired how the boy could function so well in mornings.

"Bloody brilliant... I got no sleep at all..." The sleepy British girl muttered under her breath. That statement was partially true, considering how she ended up falling asleep at 4 AM, only after endlessly scrolling through thousands of three year old Tumblr posts about Doctor Who, and deciding whether to buy their merchandize or not.

She made the right decision of not doing it, though.

Not even remotely close to forgetting that e-mail received from Ludwig last night, she tried her best to put the thought of it aside for now.

After a longer moment spent staring at nothingness and thinking how wonderful it would be to go back to sleep, Alice stood up, almost being brought down from that split second of dizziness, and walked off to the bathroom to get changed and finish her morning routine once and for all so she could go get a cup of tea and spend time with Alfred.

The reason for waking up so early was because Alfred told her to. It was strange, because he didn't specify the reason, but she believed him and immediately set her alarm for 7 so she wouldn't forget later.

"You should really wake up early tomorrow, because I want to take you somewhere." The American said with a small smirk in the corner of his lips, bringing Alice into a momentary state of confusion.

"Why?" She asked.

Alfred just flashed her his usual grin and laughed. "You'll see.

So, apparently he had a secret to tell. To take her somewhere.

A good fifteen minutes later, she exited the bathroom dressed in a pretty pink t-shirt and sweatpants, too lazy and tired to think of anything fashionable.

After all, her style varied from fancy to comfortable.

Alfred was awaiting anxiously in the living room, and she spotted the hint of nervousness lingering in the air as soon as she stepped into the room. "Good morning, Alfred." She said with a smile.

"Oh, you're awake! Perfect, perfect. How'd you sleep?" The young American asked, clearly flustered in his voice. 

Does he have good or bad news? I can't tell by the way his voice is so... Shaky.

Oh, Alfred, you're so unpredictable.

"Very well. What did you wake me up so early for, though?" Alice finally set the question on the table.

"Oh, wow, sudden question, totally didn't know you were going to ask it." Alfred rolled his eyes sarcastically, but it was just to break the tension that he himself had formed. "...R-right. I hope this you're going to like this."

"Go on."

"I've been doing some research on stuff lately, and... Well, I set you up for a gender therapist! Your first appointment is today, and I've already told them your case and everything, so they know exactly what to do. There was this dude talking about hormone blockers and stuff, but I wasn't paying too much attention at that part. A-anyway, you know what that means?"

Oh.

This was literally the news that I have expected the least.

Gender therapist?! That means that...

Oh. Oh my god. This is so sudden, what the hell were you even thinking, Alfred...

If they start my transition soon, I'll be the happiest person on this planet. 

"A-alfred..." Alice said, looking straight into the gorgeous pair of blue eyes that were looking at her with tension in them.

"Yeah? I-is this okay? I mean-"

"Shut up Alfred, you're amazing."

***********

After Alice grabbed her birth certificate which the government had created her for safety reasons, they were able to go to the therapist. All it took was a two hour drive by bus to the other side of London, and some changes were able to begin.

Life changing decisions, for Alice.

It was strange for a nation to attend such a thing, since they never needed doctors or medicine. But, this was a completely different case. This wasn't about an illness, or anything like that.
This was about a regular person, Alice Kirkland, feeling uncomfortable about who she was in her body, and it needed to be changed if that was possible.

And in this case, it was.

She would have still waited, purely out of fear, stalled until the last moment when she would have had enough of herself. But with Alfred by her side, he thought one step further.

Alfred knew how much she wanted the transition. He also knew how scared she was of it, but would never actually admit that.

But she was going to be much more happier when her body starts changing and becomes what she wanted it to become - female.
Of course, very unfortunately it was never going to be completely female, but it still would be something to make her extremely cheerful and let her gain more confidence in herself.

Whether it was hormone blockers, hormonal therapy or surgery, all of those things would combine in the end and help her become the woman she always wanted to become.

Oh, Alice couldn't wait for the day when she'd step inside of the world conference room as a girl, and with everyone to drop with awe at the drastic changes.

Maybe the changes would come quicker because she was a nation?

That would be a really good advantage she hoped for.

Alfred was excited on his own little level as well. All he wanted was for his dearest, Alice, to be happy. And to be herself, because that was extremely important as well!

It was a bit strange at first seeing his boyfriend as his girlfriend, but it didn't take him more than a day or two to completely adjust to it. 
He loved her for who she was, and her honesty was something that he appreaciated a whole lot.

Her act of coming out made their relationship stronger, and it was obvious that it was built on trust and love.

"Are you ready?" Alfred nudged her when they got out of the bus, finally arriving at the last station - the one they needed.

"I was born ready."

  *********** 

A/N

Howdy, mates! (What even was that) XD

I bring you two chapters today because I am a terrible, severe procrastinator who really doesn't want to to electrotechnics or maths right now.

Since I'm not a trans girl, (I'm not a cis girl either, at that note), I only did a short research on the main stuff about MtF transitioning, but it will definitely come in handy throughout the story.

Transitioning is risky, and I've had my moments where I looked up FtM transitioning even though I'd probably never do it, but it  makes people happy and gives them the life they've wanted to have.
I'm a masculine non-binary person (assigned fem. at birth) who just really wants some ice cream right now. 

Well. That wasn't related to any of this but who cares.

I just want ice cream.

Thanks for reading! Y'all are awesome.