1 - Past Lives.

Brianna

The whole ride back home was completely silent. They're gonna kill us. What if they follow us then kill us. I'm so scared. I let Nicole out at the gate of her four story home. I pull off and head to my mansion. I pull into our driveway and hop out. There's this weird feeling. I'm not sure, but I'm getting one of the worst vibes ever. I unlock the front and walk in. To my surprise, there's no maids or butlers. All I see is boxes. "Mom, dad!" I call. They run downstairs. Mom looks at me with tears in her eyes. "What's... What's going on?" I ask. They look at one another. "Princess, I'm so sorry." Dad mumbles. "What's going on? Dad, why are you apologizing?" I ask. "Baby, we lost our jobs." Mom chokes out. I feel my eyes tearing up. "What?" I damn near screamed loud enough for the whole West coast to hear. "Brianna, darling, we lost our jobs. We have to sell the home and cars. We have to sell yours too. That's the only way we're gonna make it hun." Dad says, grabbing my hands. I snatch away. "What? Daddy, what's going on? Why did you two lose your jobs? Daddy, why can't you just use the money in our account?" I ask in all one breath. They stare at one another. "Before you were born, we lived different lives." Mom starts. "What?" I mumble. "Baby, your mother was a whore and I was her pimp. She was my bottom when we lived in Compton. I was one of the most notorious pimps in this country. That was until I got caught by the feds. I was given a choice, either give up the millions I had made off the women or life in prison. Of course, I gave up the money. Well, your mother already had a very long rap sheet for prostitution. She called and told me she was pregnant with you, Brianna. That's when we gave up the streets and went to college to become everything you'd need and more. Well... Our past lives finally caught up with us. We were fired because of stupid decisions we made almost eighteen years ago." He says. I drop to my knees and break down crying. "No... No... No... This is not real!" I scream, punching the marble floor. My mom grabs me. "Get off of me! I hate you two! Why mom and dad, why?" I scream. "Baby, we're sorry. Everyone has a past life! We are sorry, Brianna. We can't take it back. We have to do what we gotta do. We're moving back to Compton." Dad says. My head shoots up. "No! Daddy, please!" I scream and beg. "Be ready in a month." He says, and with that he turns and walks back up the stairs. "Momma why?" I choke out. "We gotta do whatvwe gotta do. Everything's gonna be Okay, Brianna. It's only temporary." She says. I shake my head and walk upstairs. I slam my door after walking in. I pick up my electric guitar and throw it into the wall, watching it shatter. I start to scream and throw things. Fuck my life.

Comment please
Vote
ADD TO YOUR LISTS.