Chapter 2

Chapter 2-

Cheyenne's POV

"Hurry up Chey we have to go!" I heard Layla shout up the stairs.

"I'm coming I'm coming!" I yelled back.

I quickly slipped on my heels and looked at myself in the mirror one last time. I love shopping and dressing up nicely, but I wouldn't consider myself a "girly girl." The real me loves soccer and leggings and sweatshirts, but since I'm trying to be an actress I need to make myself presentable for the public.

I grab my phone and purse and run down the stairs.

"Finally!" Lay said.

"Sorry, beauty takes time." I said while laughing.

"Woah Chey you look hot! You too Lay!" Tessa said, walking into the hall.

"Thanks Tess! You look amazing!"

Earlier we looked through Tessa and Erika's closets for dresses and the results were pretty good.

We all hopped into the Team 10 van and drove to Logan's apartment.

"Now I'm gonna warn you," Jake started, "my brother throws crazy parties. His apartment is decent sized but once you see the amount of people there it will seem like a crowded concert! He goes all out. Just be careful and DO NOT DRINK!" Jake finished.

"I have never drank any type of alcoholic beverage in my life nor do I plan to until maybe next year." Lay said in the most serious tone she could muster.

"I agree," I said, trying to stay serious, but immediately crack up laughing.

We hear Jake sigh and Erika says, "Let them live a little babe!"

"You girls are crazy," Jake says, rolled his eyes.

"Why do you think South Carolina kicked us out?" I asked.

The rest of the drive was full of blasting songs and singing along to them and laughing uncontrollably.

We got to Logan's apartment complex and stepped out of the van.

I look up and see bright lights blasting out of one of the apartments near the top floor.

"Here we go again," Erika says and sighs.

"Come on guys let's go!" Jake said with enthusiasm.

Erika and Jake lead the way, arm in arm and everyone else follows quickly behind them.

Lay and I are behind everyone else when she asks me a random question.

"So Chey, think there's gonna be any cute guys?"

I laughed at my best friend and thought about what might be going through her head at this moment.

"I swear, you're a little player!" I say to her.

We walk into the elevator with everyone else, laughing.

When we walk out of the elevator, I immediately hear music blaring from somewhere on this floor.

We walk up to Logan's party and Jake looks at all of us.

"Great ready guys," he says and opens the doors.

We walk in and all I can hear is music blaring and the only thing I can see are bright neon lights.

"Woah," I hear Layla shout above the music.

I look around and I don't see anyone from Team 10. I grab Layla's arm and say "I am not leaving your side."

"I'm so short I'm going to get trampled!" she complained.

I look at her face and laugh at her.

"Come on, let's look for a place to sit!" I say, trying to talk over the music.

She doesn't seem to hear me so I just pull her arm along and look for a decent place to sit.

I end up on the balcony and plop down on the first chair I see. There's still quite a lot of people on the balcony but not as many as inside.

I turn around and find out that Layla is no where to be seen.

Layla's POV

One minute, Cheyenne's pulling me along by my arm, and the next, I'm standing in the middle of the room looking around for her.

I swear I always get lost, no matter where we go. I mean, I got lost in the Team 10 house earlier and there was that one time I got lost in the cereal section of Walmart...

Focus Layla! Find Chey!

Ok ummm, red hair, look for the red hair.

I'm looking around when I feel someone yank at my arm.

My vision finally adjusts and I realize I'm on a balcony.

"There you are! I swear I lose you everywhere!" I look up and see Cheyenne.

"Sorry! I get easily distracted!" I say, trying to defend myself.

"Whatever," Chey says and plops on one of the chairs.

I look off the balcony and realize the view is amazing. The city lights, the people. I'm finally living in my dream city with my best friend. Life couldn't get any better.

I go sit down next to Chey and watch her slump into her chair.

"I'm already exhausted and we've been here for 15 minutes!" she said.

"I am too!"

"I'm gonna run to the bathroom quickly, do not get lost!" Chey says to me.

"First of all, I'm older than you, you can't tell me what to do! Second, I'm thirsty, I'm going to get some soda or something, you want some?" I ask her.

"Yeah, just meet me back here, I'll try to be quick." she said before walking away.

I get up and look around to look for any sort of nonalcoholic drinks.

I finally find some near the kitchen and grab two cokes and two cups. I pour the soda into the cups and start walking back towards the balcony.

I'm almost out of the crowd when I accidentally bump into someone and spill the drinks all over them.

"I am so sorry! I'm really clumsy!" I say, flustered.

"It's ok!" I hear someone say.

Then I look up and see a tall, dark haired man with dark eyebrows and the deepest eyes ever.

Man was he gorgeous.

Cheyenne's POV

I look for anyone remotely familiar and spot Chance.

"Chance! Chance!" I call out.

"Oh hey Chey, what's up?" he asked me.

"Do you know where the bathroom is?" I ask.

"I think it's down the hall to the left, I haven't been here in awhile so I'm not absolutely sure." he said.

"Ok thanks!" I said and hurried away.

I walk down the hall and see a few different doors. I decide to open a random one and accidentally walk into a room.

That had a brown haired, rosy cheeked boy in it who seemed about my age.

Oh, did I mention he was busy putting a shirt on?

a/n: I AM SO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN SO LONG!!! I've been really busy with school and sports but I promise I'm going to update again either tomorrow or Friday! Also, tour dates for Invitation just dropped and I might be going to one of the shows! Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter and please leave feedback!

<3 herronhasmyheart