Chapter 3

Chapter 3-

Layla's POV

I'm still busy staring into his deep eyes when he pulls me away from my thoughts.

"Hey, hey! Are you ok?" he asked me.

"Uhhh, yeah, yeah I'm good!" I reply.

I quickly gather myself together and pick up the cups before standing up.

"I am so sorry about this!" I said.

"No, no, it's ok! Really. Here, let me get some paper towels or something to help you clean up." he said.

He started to get up and turn around to go find paper towels but he turned back to me and grabbed my hand.

"I'm Jonah, by the way."

"I'm Layla," I replied

"Pretty name for a pretty girl," Jonah said.

I blushed and watched him walk away with a smirk.

I tried to start to clean up my mess and immediately failed.

Jonah hadn't come back for a few minutes and I kept thinking if he was just like other guys, randomly abandoning me and saying they would come back.

Just as these thoughts were going through my head, I looked up to see Jonah walking towards me with paper towels and two new drinks.

"Sorry it took me so long! I couldn't find paper towels anywhere!" he said, flustered.

"It's ok! I'm just happy you came back to help me!" I said while laughing.

"Why wouldn't I? You seem interesting and I have nothing else to do." he replied, making blush once again.

"Here let me help you clean this up," he said.

We finished cleaning up the mess and he reached his hand out for me to grab so I could get up.

I don't know if it was just the "party vibe", but when we touched, I felt sparks.

"Let's look for somewhere to sit," Jonah says.

"We can go out on the balcony! There's not that many people out there!" I said, remembering where I was before.

"Ok, sounds good!" Jonah says before grabbing my hand again and walking towards the balcony.

We sat down and he handed me one of the drinks.

"I hope you weren't going to give one of these drinks to someone else," he says with a small smile on his face.

"No! Well, I mean, it was for my friend, but I can't seem to find her anywhere so she'll be fine," I say before seeing Jonah's smile light up a little bit.

"Ok!" Jonah said, and I giggled under my breath at the enthusiasm in his voice.

"So Layla, how do you know Logan?" he asked.

"Well I actually just met him today. See, I just moved here with my best friend, Cheyenne, and I knew Tessa from a dance convention, so when we first got here about a week ago, we met Erika and everyone in Team 10. And today Logan came to the Team 10 house and asked us if we wanted to come to his party, and I'm down for any party," I said while laughing.

"That's cool! Where did you move from?"

"South Carolina. I love home, but it just wasn't giving me what I needed to pursue my dream of dancing." I finished.

"You dance?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's my favorite thing in the world. I just love feeling free, and alive in the moment." I replied.

"That's really amazing." he said.

"So what about you? Are you from LA?"

"Actually I'm from Stillwater, Minnesota. I moved here a year ago with my four best friends and we started a band. It's called Why Don't We and it's everything I've wanted in life." he replied.

"A band?! That's like the coolest thing ever!! I wish I could do something like that. It must be life changing!" I said.

"It is. We've already made 4 EPs and gone on tour and we just hit our first year about a week ago. I get to live my dream with my four best friends, and I wouldn't get to do it without our fans. They mean everything to us."

"That's honestly amazing."

He chuckled and said "It is isn't it."

"So what's your family like?" I asked him.

We talked for over an hour about our family, friends, homes, dreams, favorite things, and pretty much everything in between.

"What time is it?" I suddenly asked realizing that a lot of people had left.

"11:00" Jonah replied.

"Wow, I got here at like 9. I wonder where my friends are?"

"Yeah, I don't know where mine are either." he said.

"Well I guess we should just wait here until they come looking for us." I said, not wanting to leave the dark haired man.

"Oh wait Layla, we still haven't gotten each other's numbers!" Jonah said.

"Oh yeah let me give you mine. It's 000-000-0000." I said.

"Ok I'll text you quickly." he said.

Seconds later I heard my phone go off and went to my texts to save his contact.

I noticed what he had texted me.

"Thanks for spilling your drink on me ;)"

I laughed and looked at him.

"You're very welcome Minnesota boy."

"Ooo already got a nickname for me huh? Well let's see what I can think of for you Carolina girl," he said with a smirk on his face.

We both laughed and I put his contact in my phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Layla changed 000-000-0000 to Minnesota boy

Jonah changed 000-000-0000 to Carolina girl

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We continued talking and laughing for a bit when Chey ran up to me.

"There you are!", she said, "I've been looking for you everywhere!"

I was about to say something when I noticed her hand grasped onto a brown haired boy who looked around her age's arm.

A/N: hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this update sorry it's a bit shorter than the other ones! Anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I'll probably post again tomorrow!

<3 herronhasmyheart