Chapter 50

Chapter 50-

Cheyenne's POV

I practically sprang up from the bed, thinking the words that came out of Zach's mouth were just a flicker of my imagination.

"Wha- Did you just say you? L-love me?" I asked Zach, disbelief filling my small voice in the dark room.

"Yes princess. I. Love. You," Zach confirmed, sitting up next to me before lifting up my chin with his finger, his touch electrifying my body.

I let out a long breath as a smile overtook my face and I reached up to cup his face and kiss him. 

Our lips molded together like two missing puzzle pieces finally finding each other again and I could feel his lips smile against mine.

"God, I love the sound of you saying those three words," I breathed out after our lips disconnected from each other's and we rested our foreheads together.

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you," he repeated over and over again and my mind locked the words in.

I giggled as he fulfilled my request, making me even more giddier than I had been before, if that was even possible.

"Ah, I love you Zach," I said again, wanting to say the words again.

He smiled his childish grin as our foreheads left each other and we intertwined our hands.

"You know, I've been thinking about telling you that I love you for a while now, but I was too scared," he admitted as he looked at my hands and played with my fingers.

"Really? I have been too, I was afraid it would ruin our relationship if you didn't feel the same way, or if I said it too early, or if it-" I blathered on before he interrupted me.

"But I do Cheyenne, I really do. And we've both said it, and we can say it as many times as we want, over and over again, for the rest of our lives," Zach told me and my heart melted inside of my chest.

"Soooo, does that mean you want to spend our whole lives together? Like actually?" I tentatively asked him, whispering quietly in the dark.

"Yes, actually," Zach answered, whispering into the night air.

I leaned my body back into the warmth of his as my back rested on his lap and he played with strands of my hair.

"Princess?" 

"Yes?"

"I don't like your last name."

"What on earth do you mean?" I asked my boyfriend, confused by what he was getting at.

"It doesn't really suit you, I think you should change it," Zach said.

"And what would I change it to?" I asked, still not understanding what he was trying to say.

"Herron," he simply stated as he continued to mindlessly play with my hair.

I gasped as I sat up and faced him again.

"Zachary Dean Herron! We are too young to get married!" I giggled as I slapped his arm playfully.

"A few more years and you can have my last name, you sound better with it anyways," he shrugged as he tried to hide his smile, but it started to peek out.

"Cheyenne Herron. I love it. And I love you," I smiled up at Zach as he smiled back, the butterflies in my stomach having panic attacks.

"Oh!" Zach suddenly exclaimed as he jumped up from the bed and ran across the dark room, grabbing something from the table on the other side of the room.