Territory

Let me just start off by saying thank you to everyone who has voted and commented. You're all amazing and I'm honestly really happy you guys like the story. I will probably be updating every week but because I have a lot to do at school that might change. 

To be entirely honest, I don't think this chapter is one of my best. Honestly I think I like it least out of all the chapters except the intro chapter. But, I decided to post it anyway. 

Disclaimer: I don't own The Flash or any Arrowverse characters like you already know. I only own my plot. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry's POV

The throne room looks similar to the one in Arkadia except made of ice. A snowy chandelier hangs from the ceiling and there is a white wolf stationed at every column along the length of the throne room. 

Dad marches forward with fast, angry steps, not giving me enough time to observe everything. I focus on the two thrones at the far end of the throne room. We reach them quickly at our fast pace. 

The queen is seated on one of the thrones as we come up to stand before her. She has short, light brown hair with several strands of white in it that's pulled into a bun at the back of her head. Her eyes are blue but it's a normal blue unlike the eyes of the guards. Maybe their eyes change when they use their powers. 

The queen is reading a scroll that a servant holds out to her. She doesn't even look up as we come to stand before her.

"King Henry," she begins, her voice calm and conversational. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" As she continues the queen looks up from the scroll and waves the servant away. 

I can hear low growls emanating from all the wolves but the queen silences them with one simple gesture. The air around us seems to get colder and this brings my attention to a girl about my age who I hadn't seen standing to the left of the queen's throne. She's flanked by two white wolves and her eyes shine white as icy fog comes off her hands in waves, cooling the air around us. 

"Oh, Caitlin, honey, don't be rude. We are in the presence of Arkadian royalty," says the queen. 

The girl beside her, presumably her daughter and therefore the princess, shoots her a look but stops the ice from forming on her hands. Her eyes fade to blue then to what I assume is their regular brown. 

I barely manage to stop my breath from catching as I look at her. She's beautiful, a word I never thought I'd use to describe a Froithylian. She has auburn hair with white streaks that amplify the gold in it. Her skin is a pale cream color, nowhere near ice white. Her eyes are a dark shade of brown that I never in my wildest dreams pictured on a Froithylian. She's wearing a white, lace dress, a crown of white roses in her hair. For the princess of Calerath she looks like a surprisingly warm person.

"Carla-" begins Dad, snapping me out of my staring at Caitlin.

"Queen Carla to you," snaps Caitlin, her eyes flashing white once again.

"And King Henry to you," counters Cisco. A spear of ice forms in Caitlin's hand and Cisco instantly tenses. Well this is bad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caitlin's POV

I regard the Arkadians with caution as mother looks up from her scroll.

"King Henry, to what do I owe the pleasure?" she asks in a tone harbouring cold that I know the Arkadians don't hear. Still, she tells the wolves to stop growling and turns to the king.