Spread Thin

I have been back for 3 weeks and I have been so busy I am about to lose it. Lucious set me up an office next to his and he's been teaching me the ropes of our company. My ghetto ass assistant Porsha walked in with her IPad.

"Hey Cookie. So, you and Lucious got a board meeting in a hour. You gotta meet Tiana at 12:30. Family meeting at 1:15. Don't forget to pick up Destiny at 2:40."

"She has basketball practice so 4." I corrected.

"No, basketball practice is canceled. You told her mama you would pick her up, Lucious taking her for the day though. You meeting Queeny at the bank but that's not until 5 then you have a doctor's appointment. Oh, and Lola's recital is at 7 you wanna bring her flowers or something?"

"Yeah. Find some good ones." I answered replying to my email.

"OK and today is Friday, so it's Lucious family dinner after the recital. Also Jamal wants breakfast with you but Andre and Hakeem both want lunch with you."

"How about I have breakfast alone and lunch with all 3?"

"You know damn well they want their time with you alone but I'll tell them they ain't gon' like it though."

"Cry me a river. Can you bring one of those breakfast sandwiches and a coffee from that place across the street?"

"I gotchu girl." She walked out as she put her phone to her ear. I closed my eyes hoping to get some rest but of course someone barged in. I opened my eyes and came face to with Lucious.

"What?" I groaned.

"You snuck off this morning." He replied.

"Why would I stay?" I asked.

"For round two." He answered.

"Round 1 wasn't that great." I retorted.

"Last night says otherwise."

"Last night was a mistake." I whispered.

"Cookie, come on baby I love you. I want you." He whimpered.

"Then ditch BooBoo Kitty." I responded.

"I can't. I need her. Trust me I'll leave her soon." he replied pulling me up and into his arms.

"Fvck off." I shoved him away and sat back down.

"Cookie."

"GET OUT." I said louder than intended. He walked out annoyed. "Damn it." I whispered. I open my drawer and noticed the letters Queen is gave me when I got out. I open the blue:

'Dear Loretha, I know I did you wrong. I slept with the devil and got pregnant then abandoned you. I slept with Lucious and I am so sorry, I was high and I was drunk and I just don't know what happened. I was just so scared that if I told you, I would see nothing but hatred and you're like the only family I got. When the feds got you and Lucious started Empire, he took the boys away from me and there wasn't a day that I wasn't high after that, they kept me sane. After what happened, I later found out I was pregnant, first I considered abortion but I couldn't go through with it and then I decided to check into a rehab which is where I met Malcolm. His father is a therapist there, Malcolm was helping his father and they helped me prepare for my baby which I also considered putting up for adoption but I couldn't go through with that either. Malcolm has been by my side ever since. One day I hope you can forgive me. I love you Cookie and if this is a lie I cross my heart and hope to die.'

P.S. Watch your back your old friends ain't your friends.

Love, Patricia