Chapter 2

We walked outside the Diner ten minutes after I puked all over the toilet, feeling utterly spent and emotionally tired. I can’t do this, I thought to myself. what will I tell my parents? 

“What am I going to do?” I whispered to myself while getting into Callie’s car

“Huh?” she asked “what was that?”

I started shaking. “What am I going to do?” 

She put her seatbelt on and started the car. “I don’t know” 

It wasn’t the best response or even the most reassuring one, but what it was, was the truth and when I looked at her after saying that I knew she won’t abandon me. She was my friend. My sister. 

“Lets get you home. you need some rest” she said after a few moments of silence. 

I nodded, not being able to say anything. Afraid I’ll start getting emotional again. 

When we got to my street she parked the car in front of my house. “Maybe you shouldn’t say anything to your parents now” she looked at me “not until you know for sure”

“Yeah” I said, unbuckling my seatbelt “Wasn’t planning to” 

I got out of the car and walked to my front door, intending to sleep. maybe when I wake up everything that happened today will be a far away dream, I thought to my self.

“Call me” Callie yelled from my open window while starting the car again.

I didn’t answer and didn’t turn around, instead just waved my hand and unlocked the door.

“Hi mom. Going to bed” I called while going upstairs, wishing with all my heart she’ll leave me alone or not be home.

After a few silent minutes I thanked the heavens something’s working out for me. The house was silent. My parents probably still at work. My father worked as a successful lawyer- which means he was never home, and my mom as a real-estate agent- which meant she didn’t have any steady working hours. Whenever a client wanted to see a house, and the person who sold\rented a house she was there, ready with a fake smile. 

I got into the shower then changed into boy shorts and tank top feeling I really do need to sleep the day away, but as I got into bed and closed my eyes the only things I could think about were babies, Ryan and I doing the dirty and my soon to be pregnancy stomach. I tried clearing my head, thinking about the ocean, parties, school, friends nothing worked. Everything led up eventually to those three things. Ocean- Won’t be able to wear bikinis, do babies love the ocean? parties- Ryan and I and so on.. 

I guess after awhile my body felt so tired that I fell asleep without noticing, dreaming about cute little babies.

-Ryan-

I didn’t know what was going on with me. 

Seeing Courtney crying at the Diner made me want to break someones neck, but on the other hand made me wanna run away screaming and kicking for feeling so protective of her. One night stand doesn’t make you have feelings for a girl. That’s why it’s called a one night stand, cause after that you’re supposed to smile when you see her or turn the other cheek. Not feel like a damn pussy wanting to protect her from the world. I thought all this as I ate my hamburgers watching some stupid talk show in my living room. My parents weren’t home. Again. 

Probably some stupid fundraiser. I wondered what it was about that time. world hunger? Cancer? who the f*ck cares. I wasn’t that usually selfish, but when it came to spending some time with your kid or going to parties I prefer the spending time with kid. Hands down.