Chapter 3

Will's POV

After I left Y/N's house, I rode back to mine, hoping not to be back late. I took a short cut on the back road, it was dark but I had the light from my bike to guide me down the road.

I was humming a song in my head, this night couldn't be better. I smiled thinking, a small smirk showed up from the corner of my lip. I turned down a road near the asylum. It was a known road, during the day.

I peddled for awhile, keeping a steady pace. I saw something on the middle of the road, I was scared and swerved across the road. Crashing down in the ditch. I didn't want to stay here, and not with that thing.

I screamed and ran for it, loosing my breath. I ran down the dirt road to my house, huffing and puffing. I ran inside closing and locking the door, finding something to scare away what ever that was.

It's shadow appaered on the windows, I swallowed. Trying not pee myself, this thing was onto me. I yelled thre out the house for Jonathan, nothing. I ran to my room, grabbing a bat. I screamed for my life when something touched my foot.

I slammed open the door, running towards the kitchen to the back door. I busted open the door, running down the steps, with my dog following me. I locked the back shed, looking for the rifle, loading it. I heard a creeking sound coming from around the shed.

I squealed, squinting my eyes, not wanting to see anything.The light of the shed started flickering, I was becoming weak and couldn't stand on my own from how scared I was. The door flew open and the light burnt out.

I screamed not hearing myself, everything went black, I felt my head get bonked on something hard.

Your POV

Soon after the moring annoucements were done, everyone sat down. I sat near my friend and her boyfriend Troy. I rolled my eyes, thinking about it.

I pulled open my sketch book, drawing as I waited for the teacher to give us something to do. I looked over at Mike Wheeler every now and then, and eveytime I did, he happened to be staring back at me.

I shook my head, looking at the clock, it's been 15 minutes, I wanted to go home and curl up in a blanket and wathc tv, but I couldn't. Maybe I could fake it, and get Steve to come get me.

"Y/N, what is the answer?" Mrs. Rackers asked, I rolled my eyes looking at the queston on the board.

"82" I said, she congratualated me. I laid back in my chair, writting down notes till the bell rang. I got up grabbing my notes, heading to my next class, gym. I went to my locker grabbing my gym bag.

I changed in the locker room with the rest fo the girls, heading out. I had shorts with a t-shirt, runner's with socks and my hair in a ponytail.

I lined up with the rest of class, seeing, Mike, Dustin and Lucas, No Will. Must be sick? I walked over to them, asking where he was, Mike pushed threw Lucas and Dustin, speaking for them.

"He's sick, at home." Mike said, I crossed my arms, getting a different answer from Dustin and Lucas.

"We don't know, haven't seen him since last night." I thanked the boys, looking at Mike quickly before tunring on my heel, to see Bridgette. AKA Bird, my friend.

"Rope,today." Our gym teacher said, I sighed. I honestly didn't want to do this, climbing a rope, with everyone watching again.

"Decker, Byers, Hill, Henderson, Y/L/N,Wheeler, Sinclair" Coach continued on, I tuned otu after she said my name, I watched at one of the guys went first.

Everyone stood around, watching as he climbed the rope, Coach took notes,I sat on the bench with Bridgette, laughing and goofing around.

"Can we sit?" Dustin asked, we nodded letting them sit down.They all talked for awhile, I was bored and listened to their conversations not caring.

"Byers, Will Byers." Everyone looked around.

"He's not here today." I said, Coach marked his name off, next was Bridgette. I cheered her on wathcing her climb the rope, she did it in less then a minute, I was surprised.

I have no upper strengh, so this won't be easy. I laughed seeing Dustin making his was towards the rope, wipping his hands, grabbing chalk then fixing his hair. I chuckled with Bridgetter looking at him. It took him 2 minutes to climb up and down, now that's muscle.

Now it was me, I have no faith in myself, at all. I walked forward, shaking slightly because of how nervous I was. I rubbed the chalk in between my hands getting it every where. I grabbed the rope with one hand, looking up.

I closed my eyes, breathing in and out, every one came to the rop watching me. I felt all eyes staring deep into my soul, or what's left of it.  I was shaking, I wasn't cold, just scared.

I grabbed onto the rope tighter jumping further up, pulling myself up as far as I could. I looked down a few times, seeing Mike staring at me. I rolled my eyes, making my way further up the rope.

Honestly I was scared, of coming down, most people just slide down and get rope burn. But that hurts, I just wanted to stay there.

"Come on, Y/N. We have five minutes." Coach said, I shook my head, making up an excuse, I climbed further up ringing the bell, before thinking of even coming down. Almost every one left, except Bridgette, she was holding onto Lucas for support.

"Bridgette!, I'm scared." I said, she tried giving me advice and I wasn't listening, I couldn't I was so high up, I didn't want to fall. Till I started loosing my grip and slowly falling. I didn't think anyone was still here.

I screamed to the top of my lungs, falling from the rope. When I hit contact with the flow, I heard screaming, but it wasn't from me, it was Bridgette who was holding onto Lucas for dear life.

I looked beside me, seeing Mike and Dustin sprawled across the floor beside me. I sighed, laying back down on the floor, closing my eyes. Feeling my hands touch two sets of others.