Chapter 7

Your POV

I felt limp and slightly confused not knowing where I was or what happened. I felt something touch me, I sat up quick hitting my head against another, I heard an 'Ow'. I rubbed my head looking over to see Mike standing above me.

I looked beside me, seeing El sitting beside me on the ground. She looked worried, I looked at her and a small smile came from the side of my lip.  She slightly smiled as well looking at me. I had ice to my head, I looked over at the D & D board.

It was flipped over with two pieces on it, I looked at it intrigued because that's not how we left it when the five of us played. Mike and Lucas helped me sit up and they looked at each other weird. I rolled my eyes, getting up.

It was late and I couldn't handle the boys fighting let alone poor El staying here. She's not even Mike's cousin. I had enough, she's not a slave, let alone a person you hide from every one.

"I'm tired, and taking El home with me. She's gonna grow to become one of you wackos." I said, grabbing her hand, she followed me looking back at the boys. We left out the back door, closing it in their faces, we don't need them following.

I got my bike from the garage where I placed it when I came. El looked at me funny, I patted the seat behind me, she stood there with no emotion on her face. She barely talks to start with and won't show emotion.

"C'mon get on, your safe with me." I said, she kept mumbling the words 'Will' and 'Bad Man'. I didn't fully understand what she meant, but nodded making sure she knew I was listening.

"Y/N, a-re you my friend?" She asked me, I stopped when we arrived to my house. I placed my bike in the garage.

"Yea of course, why wouldn't you be." I asked, she smiled looking at me. I opened the door, she stepped in spinning around in a circle to get the view of everything.  I noticed Steve was out back with his friends.

"Come on let's go to my room." I said, she looked outside and mouthed something that I thought she would never say. But yet I laughed because I agreed with her.

"Here!" I said passing her a pair of shorts and t-shirt as pjays, she took her shirt off putting the other one on, I folded it and placed it on my dresser to give back to Mike tomorrow.

"Good, they fit." I said, she smiled walking over to my bed. I have a huge queen size bed, so it's big enough for the both of us. I patted the bed beside me, she sat down sinking slightly because of how soft it was.

"Whoa!" Is all she said, I started laughing leaning against my pillows, she laid beside me. I held a book in my arm, El took from me while I was looking for one for her. She opened it up and showed me a picture I kept as a book mark.

"Will" She said, I smiled looking at Will. I had the slightest yet biggest crush on Will. "Where was this?" She asked, I took the photo looking at it. It was a picture of Will, Mike and I at a school dance, the snowball.

"The snowball, him Mike and I went together, although Mike thinks that he took me, when really I thought Will did. Don't tell him that." I told her, she smiled pointing to Will and I.

I rubbed my eyes turning the lights out, I felt a hand on my arm. I looked at El and turned a small light on, she smiled laying down under the covers. I did the same crawling under the covers and closing my eyes.

Next Morning

I stretched turning over in my bed forgetting El was there and was face to face with her, she screamed sitting up in the bed, I started laughing trying to calm her down.

"What's wrong?" Steve ran into the room wearing nothing but underwear, El covered her mouth from laughing and I looked at Steve.

"Where are your pants, oh wait I know. In Nancy Wheeler's shirt!" I said laughing, Steve came over to me as close as possible staring deep into my eyes, I stayed there staring at him as if we were in a staring contest.

"What'd you say?" He asked, I looked at him and said.

"You heard me!" He looked at me and tried to put on a fake smile till I opened my drawer and showed him so mighty fine pictures that I found downstairs.

"Lookie Lookie. Steve, I wonder what would happen if Mom , or Nancy's mom see these..." I said teasing him for his actions, he knew I was home and he knew better.

He pleaded trying to make me give him the pictures I ripped them throwing at him. He mouthed 'Your dead'. I stuck my tongue out, turning back to El.

"Ignore him, that's my brother, Steve." She nodded getting out of bed, It might be a school day, but no way am I leaving her here alone, or alone with Mike.

She followed me downstairs and we waited till Steve left for school to make breakfast, I asked what she wanted and she said waffles. I nodded giving her the waffles, she looked at me weird and dropped them ont he floor.

"Cold." I laughed throwing them in the toaster, I heard Will's voice coming through out the house.

"Will!" I yelled, finding the noise. I looked at the Tv and saw his shadow vaguely in a dark place. I screamed at the Tv, El looked at me weird seeing him too not telling me  why I wouldn't find him anytime soon.

I sat down at the table trying not to sob, I didn't get it, why was he there. I need to talk to someone, and fast.