Chapter 6

Your POV

I woke up later that morning on the couch, I yawned stretching. Steve ran down from up stairs telling me to get ready for school, when I barely knew what happened last night.

"Y/N, get up and get to school." He complained, I sighed running to the kitchen, my finger was red with a white bubble. Steve gave me ice and some eggos and shoved me out of the door with my back pack.

I got on my bike, leaving my helmet because Steve left it inside. I rode to school with one hand, one holding my eggos, while wrapped in an ice pack. I got to school late, it's a first so I was afraid I get a tardy.

I threw my bike down at the bike rack near Dustin's running inside the school down the hall to my class. Almost falling, because my shoes were wet from a puddle I rode through.

I ran into class, seeing Dustin and Lucas sitting at their desks, but no Will or Mike. I sat down behind Dustin asking about Mike and Will but they wouldn't say. They were saying there heading to Mike's after school which is where I'm Going.

"I'm coming!" I said looking at them, Lucas smiled saying yes and Dustin wasn't to pleased, but I know he will, he's my friend.

After School

I waited for Lucas and Dustin to get out of the school waiting by the bike rack for them. I was worried about both Will and Mike, they're my friends and I care.

"Y/N!" I waved to Dustin calling him and Lucas over, they smiled to me getting their bikes. I started peddling down the road to Mike's house. The three of us talked for awhile and Lucas said he wasn't sure if he wanted to see Mike.

I rolled my eyes playfully at him, telling him were all friends and it's be nice to visit. We put our bikes on the grass knocking at the front door. Mike came to the door, shoving us inside quick and closed the door.

"Mike, what's the rush?" I asked, Dustin looked back at me and smiled, I returned the smile focusing on Mike and his reasoning.

"Just follow me." He said, he seems off, he's hiding something. I ran up the stairs following the boys, we came in the room and I saw a girl around our age sitting on Mike's bed.

"Are you Mike's cousin?" I laughed, sitting down beside her, leaning against the wall. She looked at me funny, I stared at her, she seemed some how familiar.

"Y/N, what's your name?" I asked, I'm a very optimistic and social person, so I like meeting new people and it would be quite rude not introducing myself.

"She doesn't talk-" Mike started before his cousin cut him off.

"I'm El." She said, I smiled winking at her. She shivered sitting beside me, I noticed, giving her my coat, she smiled and thanked me with a nod.

"She's know something about Will!" Mike said, I stood up after hearing his name, I needed to know what was going on, I grabbed her hand, causing her to follow me.

"What's wrong with Will?" I asked, the boys' looked at me weird. I stood there arms crossed, begging them to tell me but they said one word. Missing, I nearly choked from laugher. They're kidding, Will Byers, my best friend is missing, no this can't be true, he would of said something, to me at least.

Lucas didn't believe a word Mike was trying to say, I could. He said he was going to tell his mom about her, I didn't get it, isn't she his cousin. I turned around and saw that the door slammed on Lucas' face and locked.

"El!" I said, hugging her as a reaction, I looked at her and her nose was bleeding, I gasped slightly taking her to the bathroom. I cleaned her up, she rubbed her finger across my cheek and mouthed 'pretty', I smiled thanking her for the compliment.

"Boys', Y/N dinner's ready." Mike's mom called, I was brining El downstairs when Mike said no, I didn't get it.

"Mike, that's rude, your cousin deserves better." I said, his jaw dropped all of theirs did. I chuckled staring at them.

"Look, I'll explain later, she's not my cousin and my mom doesn't know she's here." I looked at them funny, thinking are you kidding me. I ignored the fact about El, and went the boys down stairs for dinner with his family.

I couldn't stop thinking about her, I told them I needed to use the washroom. Instead I decided to keep El company and sit with her in Mike's room. I asked her what she knew about Will.

"Missing." I understood and knew that she was missing. I came down stairs with El and went to the basement, I waved looking at the boys' she brought me to the D & D game board, showing me different things.

"Will" I rolled my eyes showing her a picture of him.

"That's Will, his green eyes, and light brown hair that parts across his face." I didn't realize I was ranting on about Will, she looked at me and smiled, I smiled back taking the picture back and putting it back on the shelf.

"Like?!" She asked me, I sat beside her telling her not to tell the boys' I have a thing for Will. She agreed and tried explaining to me what happened to her. When I realized that, the phone rang. I answered saying hello, I felt breathing coming through then my name being called.

"Hello, who is this?" I asked, but every thing was vague and couldn't hear anything, El cuddled against me, we were trying to listen to who is was when, I felt heat coming onto my face. I screamed getting a shock from the phone.

El and I looked at each other and then fell to the floor from shock, she was still glued to me and I was glued to her afraid. I closed my eyes, not opening them again and feeling my breathing becoming heavier...