| 29 |

I was speed walking  down a side street

I was speed walking  down a side street. My breath was jagged and my hands where shaking. I was looking over my shoulder at every little sound. I had been spotted not to long ago.

I quickly dart inside a small doorway, covering my mouth to keep forming making any noise. I heard the loud sound of men rushing past, their cold sinister voices echoing off the brick walls.

Once I didn't hear them anymore I carefully peek around the corner, not seeing anyone I then take off again. I rush down the alley way and when I reach the end I notice a large sign in the distance that's reads 'El Moora's' that's where I need to go.

***

I make it inside the small diner. The diner looks run down and old. The seats have wholes in them and the walls bleed a nasty yellow color. Not many people where sitting inside only a handful.

My eyes scan around, looking for anything that could tell me where my brother is or why he wanted me to come here. I find a seat in the very back. I took a deep breathe then rested my head in my hands. My phone started vibrating and I knew who it was.

James.

The whole entire night James has been blowing up my phone. He's left over a 100 messages, texted me over 400 times but still I ignored him. It was eating up inside, if I was being honest with my self, I hadn't the slightest clue on why I felt so bad for ignoring him but I did, felt bad I mean.

Suddenly a brooding figure is sliding in the seat directly in front of me. I snap my head up and see it's a older man. His grey mustache covers his lips and his cowboy hat covering his hair - if he had any hair.

I Sallow the lump in my throat as I stare at him with widen eyes. I wasn't sure what was next for me, I didn't know if I was going to have to run.

"Elena?" He asks lowly, checking over his shoulder.

But I couldn't speak. My throat was dry and my voice was gone. I only nod my head towards him. My hands started to sweat and the vibrating in my pocket made my mind go straight to James. Slowly I slide my left hand off the table and into my jacket pocket, grasping my phone.

If things go south. If this man really isn't here with my brother and try's to kill me my only back up plan was to press the answer button on my phone and scream at the top of my lungs where I was at and pray James comes for me.

My eyes staring at the man as he turns his head back to look at me. My heart was beating in my ears. "Your brother drew sent me, what's going to happen next is you're going to walk right out the back door, Give this to the driver who pulls up and get in the car."

Suddenly I was shaking my head and the words where spilling from my lips before I could digest.

"No, I'm not doing shit."

"You don't really have a choice here now do you?"

I fiddled in my seat. My hand was squeezing my phone hovering over the screen just waiting for James to call back.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"Butterfly."

"W - what did you say?" I stumble. But he only nods his head then slides me a small piece of paper. Once I have the paper in my fingers the man gets up and walks out the door. I look down at the paper as I open it and read the words on the inside, but none of it made sense.

Take his heart, take his pride, and break them both

***
The words on the note ring in my mind, the boggled me. I hadn't the slightest bit known what it was asking. But maybe I'm over thinking it maybe it means nothing.

As I sat in the back of this all black car I felt my nerves kick. I didn't know where I was going or what was going to happen to me. We've been driving for about twenty minutes and my nerves where definitely off the rails.

The car came to a stop and suddenly the door was being opened for me. A man in a waiters suit opens it for me and held out his hand for me to take.

With hesitation I take his hand and get out of the car. Immediately I'm met with a beautiful big mansion. My eyes widen with shock. Was this where my brother was staying? If so what was he doing while I was with Camila?

As I got out I walked the red stone walk way all the way to double wooden doors with stainless glass windows. The opened and out stepped my brother.

Oh yeah, I've missed a lot.