Chapter 2

Sophie didn't bother hiding now that everyone knew she was here. She sprinted down the steps two at a time and gracefully tripped down the last four, landing in someone's arms.

"Foster you gotta stop falling for me." Keefe said with his trademark smirk.

"OKAY, I'll take her from here." Grady grumbled as he shoved Keefe out of the way to help her up.

"Mr... Forkle...?" was all Sophie could bring herself to say as she looked around the room. No sight of the pudgy neighbor or black swan leader that had died in an accident caused by the Neverseen, no scent of his rucklberry disguise and for once, she was sad not to smell his old feet oder.

"Sophie," Ediline whispered genitally, "he's not here, he's gone....."

Sophie knew that, she had seen him for herself, she had been there, and it killed her that there was no way to bring him back.

Keefe stood to the side and awkwardly wouldn't meet her eyes

"I uh... Oh Foster's not gonna like this," he sighed as he tousled his blonde hair, "I well uhm we, have to meet with the Councillors and one point, right?" Sophie nodded unsurely as he continued, "Well they don't know he's dead and the guy posing as Magnate Leto can't pull off the Forkle's voice so, I volunteered to mimic him....."

Keefe was right, she was anything but thrilled at the news. Sophie bit her lip to keep the tears from escaping as she ran up the stairs(This time without tripping), sprinted into her room, and face planted in a pile of pillows on her bed and cried quietly to herself. She could still hear what they were saying below,

"I can feel her emotions from here, ugh what have I done."

Squall sighed, "You made a tough decision, now all we have to do is wait for time to tell us if it was the right one."

I was thinking that maybe I could add some fan art or like a mini bonus story at the bottom...?

Yay or Nay?

PEACE OUT                                                                                                                                                                                  -KATIE