Chapter 10

They shuffled up the stairs and even though they twisted and turned through random corridors, the light was still always right in front of them, bobbing out of reach. Then the flickering light turned and was out of sight. Keefe and Sophie ran to catch up to it.

It turned out the light was a small candle, and it was just sitting on a small table outside of a door.

"Should we open the door?" Sophie inquired.

"I suppose so," Keefe grunted.

Sophie took a deep breath of the melted wax scented air before jiggling the knob. The door swung open to reveal a dark room. All of a sudden...

"SURPRISE!!!" five voices chorused as the light flicked on and confetti rained down.

Keefe and Sophie both screamed and jumped back, startled.

"Whuuh...." Keefe's voice trailed off as a banger swung down that read...

HAPPY FIFTEENTH BIRTHDAY KEEFOSTER!

Biana jumped forward,

"Keefe we know you already turned fifteen this year but we never had a celebration cuz it ain't an elf tradition..... And We had no idea when Sophie's birthday was so we're celebrating them both TODAY! The day Sophie came to the lost cities!"

Sophie just covered her hands over her mouth as her eyes watered up.

"Ahhh, Sophie don't cry," Biana exclaimed running up to her, "I'm sorry if you don't like it... IT'S ALL TAM'S FAULT! It was his idea and then he was in charge of painting the banner cuz he has the best handwriting but then he ran out of room and smooshed your names together..."

"Biana may I remind you when you were leading them with the candle you tripped and almost set the house on fire!?" Tam said with raised eyebrows cutting her off.

"You guys are the best," Sophie cried jumping up and hugging Biana, "Seriously the best."

"Uhm hate to break up this love fest but THIS WAS BANGS BOYS IDEA?!?" Keefe shouted.

"Yea that's me," Tam said sarcastically raising his hand, "you're welcome," He gave a mock bow.

Dex awkwardly shuffled up, "Uh Soph, is that the basket from Edaline?"

"Huh? This? Yea it is," Sophie cocked her head, "Why?"

"Sweet!" Dex smiled. "Guys we got the Mellow Melt!"

"Hold it, hold it, hold it, hold it, back the t-rex up, FOSTER HAD MELLOW MELT AND DIDN'T GIVE ME ANY?!" Keefe pouted and stuck out his lower lip. "I get the biggest piece cuz I'm the birthday boy."

-KATIE♡ 

Is it just me or does Sophie in the pic remind you of anyone from the Disney movie Tangled? THE CHAMELEON(duh)! jk Rapunzel....