Chapter 5

"GET DOWN HERE FOSTER!" Keefe shouted

"What if I wake Grady or Edaline?" Sophie responded

"Just jump," he said with a smirk, "Don't worry I'll catch you."

Sophie knew he could but, quickly doing the math in her head knew he couldn't make it all the way under her window before she hit the ground.

"JUMPING!" she called.

"NO SOPHIE WAIT FOR ME TO GET CLOSER!" Keefe yelled back as he began to sprint toward her. Sophie carefully climbed out of her room before balancing on the window sill, careful not to step on and of the potted plants she walked along it. The ground was way closer than Sophie had anticipated, but she had been practicing her teleporting. She knew she could do it.

And with a squeal Sophie jumped off of the house, and then she was falling. She heard Keefe yell her name, Saw him try to run faster, saw his eyes widen when a crack appeared in the air and she slipped through, and knew he felt her reappear on his back.

"HOLY MOTHER OF ALL MELLOW MELT! DUDE! THAT WINS FOR FREAKIEST SOPHIE STUNT OF ALL TIME!!" Keefe shouted before taking off running. Sophie shrieked and dug her fingers into his thick cloak to keep from falling off.

"KEEFE SLOW DOWN," she shouted, "NO DO NOT JUMP OVER THAT ROCK! KEEFE I SWEAR....." Of course he jumped over the rock.

BONUS STORY

Life as Human

Keefe and Fitz are shooting hoops...

Keefe: Fitz do you believe in omens?

Fitz: I guess so?

Keefe: Ok well if I make this shot Sophie will love me for ever as a friend, If I make this shot without hitting the backboard then Sophie will secretly have a small crush on me, If I make this shot without hitting the rim Sophie will go on a date with me, If I make this shot and it doesn't hit the backboard or rim or net Sophie will marry me.

Fitz: In your dreams but sure whatever.

BONK "WATCH IT," THONK CRASH SHICK Shhhhhhh.....

Fitz: So what happens if it hits someone, breaks a window, then gets run over by a truck?

Keefe: Then it was a practice shot.

PEACE OUT!