Chapter 4

I backed up slowly when my father came closer trying to calm me down. I know that he can’t turn me back to normal, because he had no experience with magic. He cannot undo the curse that I was born with. He can’t make the endless chaos stop. And he can’t stop me from being scared.

   Then suddenly felt something slowly move, and I automatically turned my body to see what it was. To my surprise it was a few familiar guys  at the doorway. One had dark hair and was wearing a hat that was covering his eyes, the second one was the exact same person who saved me earlier, and the third person was the new transfer student in my class, Anthony.

    “I’m sorry to bother you in an important time Mistress Winter, but we have some guess here that would like to see you for a minute.” announced Cruz

  I averted my eyes so that my ‘guest’ wouldn’t see my wavering pain in my eyes. And I answered as best as I can with my quivering voice.

   “Thank you for coming, but may I ask why are you seeing me now?”

   “Winter we are here to see you of course." Anthony said with a serious tone. "It is time for you to come back. Back where you came from."

   I lifted my head and kinda tilt it to the left in a questioning way. Then my right eye turned green and red back and forth like one of the open signs on a restaurant or a small store, or like a police light flickering to warn people. 

   "Come back? What do you mean by that?" I asked a little suspiciously. And then I felt a strange presence behind me, I looked at where Anthony was but he was gone. I then felt breathing right behind me, but I was to scared to move an inch. 

   "You didn't know Winter?" Asked Anthony. "I thought your father or Cruz would have told you, but I guess not." 

   I was still confuse on happening. "What does he mean? Tell me what? Is father not telling what I've should have known? Just what is going on, and what is he talking about.

    "What do you know about me, that I don't?" I asked. 

    "We know who you're really are, and what happen to your real family." Spoke the one wearing the dark cloak. When I heard his voice for the first time it sounded a little cold and emotionless. It was kinda frightening it was like his voice was piercing my ears.

    "My real family?" I questioned rather loudly. "What do mean by real family! My family is right here in Osakis city, I live with my father in this mansion with all of the workers who I treated like family and my best friends at school! How can I not call that family. I'm just Winter Kinsley and I know who I am."

     "This is where you're wrong Mistress Winter." I turned to my left to see Cruz with a look in his eyes looked pained. "Your father isn't your real father. He was just taking care of the daughter of the wish maker queen ."

    "The wish maker?" 

    "The wish maker is the second most powerful person in the universe, after she gave birth to a young baby girl named Winter." 

     "Who is the First?" I asked Cruz, even though I already know the answer to my question. 

     "The most strongest person in the universe is you Winter. You're born with incredible power. And when your village found out about you they were happy to have another powerful person. But they scared for their lives, because they all heard that Alfred is searching for you." 

     "Who is Alfred, and why is he after me?" 

     "He is a man who is after power, he wants to use you for his plan to destroy humanity. When your mother heard of this she planned to run away from the village so he wouldn't get to you. But it was to late he already came and burned down all the buildings and houses. Your mother was the only one left, even though she was very ill she ran all the way to this city to protect you and hoped that one day that you will be strong enough to destroy all of the evil from this world."

     "And we're here to send you back to the castle to train you how to use your powers by the orders of the queen." Announced the one wearing the hat. 

    "That is right Mistress Winter," Agreed Cruz. "We are the knights of Wish maker Queen, Scarlett Elkmann. Her highness had ordered me to look after you and the others to take you back to the castle when the time is right." 

     "What happen to my real mother if you guys are here?" I asked.

      Then Anthony walked around me and brought his face right in front of mine. "I've ordered over 200 guards to protecting her as we speak so you have nothing to worry about, Winter." Anthony said with a smile. 

      "So Winter will you came with us back to the castle or you'll stay here where you are just going to get attacked again?" Asked the cloaked guy. "But just remember we are not forcing you to choose."