Chapter 8

~Lola~

‘I’m Lola.’ I smiled while shaking his hand. His skin was burning hot. Like Justin’s. ‘Are you new here? I haven’t seen you around school before.’ I asked as I pulled my hand away.

He slightly shook his head, ‘No, I was just walking by and saw you sitting here all alone and thought you could use some company.’ He said innocently. I saw his eyes quickly flash to a very familiar red.

I slowly backed away. It was only now that I realised that Daniel fit exactly how Justin described the guy in the parking lot. Shaggy black hair, brown eyes, tanned skin.

The fact that his eyes turned to red gave me enough information to know what this guy is. A werewolf.

Possibly an alpha.

An alpha of the pack that is most likely trying to kill the people that I live with, including me.

‘What’s wrong?’ Daniel asked as he scooted closer to me, he stared into my eyes. We both knew exactly what I was thinking. He wanted me to say it.

I opened my mouth to answer but nothing came out. I was terrified. What if this is going to be what happened between Ben and I all over again? That was hell.

I stood up slowly then began to walk down the steps towards the parking lot only to be yanked back by Daniel. He was like Ben all over again.

I fought in his grip before I heard a car pull up behind me. It was Alex. About time.

Daniel immediately let go of my and I sprinted to the car. I glanced back to see that Daniel was staring straight at Alex. Not moving, just staring.

The second that I was in the car, it sped off onto the road.

‘Who the fuck was that?’ Alex spat while keeping his gaze fixed on the road.

‘Some guy named Daniel, I think he was a-‘ I started before Alex cut me off.

‘Werewolf? Yeah, I could tell. He fits Justin’s description of the alpha.’ He said, still keeping his eyes on the road.

‘Yeah, he’s strong as hell. It’s probably going to l leave a bruise!’ I frowned while rubbing my arm.

Alex laughed. ‘Harden up!’ He said while he lightly punched my arm.

I folded my arms across my chest then stared out the window. I noticed that we were driving down a familiar street. My street.

It didn’t take too long until I saw my house. ‘Hey Alex, can we stop here?’ I asked.

He looked confused while he pulled over. ‘Uh, yeah. What for?’ He asked as he turned to me and looked at me expectantly.

‘This is my parent’s house, I want to grab some stuff that I need from my room.’ I said as I stepped out the door and onto the pavement.

I began to walk up the narrow path, which led to the front door. I was about to knock before I realised that I’d have to be an idiot to do that. I don’t want my parents to know that I’m here and I don’t want to see them at all.

I walked over to the tree then began to climb up it. I soon reached a branch that was levelled with my window and I jumped in, creating a loud thud.

I quickly grabbed my laptop, charger, hair straightener and some clothes then threw them into a bag.

I was about to climb back into the tree when my door swung open, revealing my dad. He seemed shocked to see me.

‘Lola?’ He asked, now he looked confused as well as pleased and angry. Interesting combination.