Chapter-10

Preeti's POV

I looked at Varun.He gave a pale smile and hugged me from side.

"I will tackle it.Don't worry"I ruffled his hair smiling at my Varun widely.

"Sure?!"He looked at me with a grumpy face which made me laugh.

"This grumpy face won't suit you!"I caught his chin and looked into his eyes laughing.

"What?!"He chuckled blushing a bit.

"Oh my god!Look who is blushing!"I teased him pinching his cheeks.

"You are a devil"He is tickling me,my waist making me laugh and scream louder.

"Stupid" I picked a pillow and beat him till I lost all my energy.

"I love you" He kissed my forehead.

"Love you too."I kissed his cheek.

"Do you think you can tackle this situation?!Are you sure? Or do you want me to accompany you?I too want to come with you as I have to face your parents today or tomorrow,then why not now?!We can't hide things from them for a long time,it will hurt them more."

"Anurag hates me already and now I don't want you parents too to misunderstand me.Who knows Anurag,his words may influence them in talking a decision ."He asked me seriously hugging me tightly.

"Don't worry.Everything will be fine.Yes!I can handle this.Please you no need to accompany me.You can meet mom and dad once soon after I have a heartful chat with them.I surely believe that I can convince dad easily.I know he will act stubborn at first but I have my own ways to convince him.He will hear me for sure unlike Anurag.Don't worry about Anurag.I will take care of him."She smiled and kissed my cheek.

"Okay"I nodded and continued.

"Why can't I say no to you?A simple word?"I asked raising my brow.

"Ask your heart?!"I ruffled his hair again.

"Stop it!"He caught my hand and dragged me into my lap.

"I won't"I ruffled his hair again making different faces at him.

"I am sorry"His eyes laid on my cheek.

"What?!"I looked at him with a pale face.

"I promise you that I won't leave those b........" He clenched his fist.It's hard to control my Varun's anger some times.I know they are going to have a tough time.

Suddenly his phone started ringing.He looked at me with a pout.

"How cute?!"I pinched his cheek.

"Excuse me Preeti,Commissioner Sir!"He showed me his phone and went out to take the call.Varun doesn't want me to hear his professional calls.I have no problem with his habit.Even I too don't want to listen to their words.I know he is a sincere police officer and he can't share his secrets with me.One more thing which I have noticed is that he doesn't want me to have unnecessary stress as he thinks I am already going through several problems.

I waited for my Varun for few seconds.He came back with a serious as face.I can sense something is bothering him.What's that?!Is anything related to case.I fixated my eyes on him,his expressions for a while.

"Are you okay?!"I asked rubbing his nape and massaging his Shoulder with my hands.

"Fine,Preeti"He smiled and kissed my knuckles.

"I will start a bit early at tomorrow morning. So that I can reach home by evening" I said looking at Varun for his answer.

"What?!"He looked at me asking me to repeat again.

"Is everything okay?!"I moved closer to him and placed my hand on his cheek.

"Nothing!"He caught my hand and tried to took away it with which I am rubbing his cheek gently.

" Are you sure?!"I hugged him from side.

"Ah....!" He sighed.

"Is anything bothering you?!"I asked quickly.

"I talked to Commissioner and he wants me to meet him personally." He said looking into my eyes.

"So what?!"I asked him as I don't know what he is thinking.

"What does he want to talk to me personally. May be he wants my answer for the things telecasted in Media?!"He sat there placing his hands on his knees and rubbing them impatiently.

"Don't loose your patience which is your asset.I know you will answer him properly without hurting him,his views"I sat on knees and caught his hands.

"I truly wanted to come with you but I have to meet sir tomorrow,Sorry." He said looking down with guilt filled eyes.

"Shut up!" I slapped him playfully.

"What?!" He frowned.

"Sorry!You said sorry!"I whispered in his eye tickling it with my nose.

" Sorry! "He bite his tongue and Caught my hands before I pummel him on his handsome face.

" Leave me!"I tried to free myself but his grip is so stern and stubborn.

"Please!"I pouted and he left me kissing my cheek.

Next Morning.

I packed all my stuff including few books as I will get bored during journey.

Varun came to busstop and gave me few snacks and water bottles.He packed food for me for lunch which he prepared by himself.He asked a constable to accompany me to my house and he is there sitting beside me.I smiled at his care and affection.I wondered how things changed beautifully.I was like him once who used to think and bother about his safety all the time.He was like me least bothered about my feelings and my wishes.We got bound by love and It changed us into a better persons.

Bus started quickly and my phone started bombarding a series of messages from my brother.I simply ignored his words.I know he is angry with me but he can't manipulate me and our parents too.

I closed my eyes and slept for two hours happily brushing away all my wandering thoughts.I suddenly heard a very familiar voice and turned around to saw a person ,whom I never expected here.

I quickly grabbed my scarf and covered my face.I looked at police man,constable whom Varun appointed to accompany me.He smiled at me as he knows nothing and seen no one.

I gulped in fear and messaged Varun.