Chapter Three

Allie's POV

I woke up with a start. A quick glance at my clock told me it was 14 minutes past 2 in the morning. Now that I was awake I decided to get up and fill the bottle of water beside my bed up. I made sure as I passed Anne's room that I was silent allowing her to get some sleep as I knew it would be hard for her to fall asleep after everything that had happened that evening.

Once I had filled the bottle up I tip toed quickly back to my room and lay back down to sleep. Almost as soon as my head had touched the pillow I was fast asleep. What felt like seconds later I woke up again. It hadn't been seconds as I had first thought but merely an hour. Why couldn't I sleep? I asked myself as I tried to get back to sleep again. Was something making me wake up? Something like a noise or was it all just my imagination? These questions were swimming through my mind as once again I fell asleep. This time I managed to get sleep and I stayed asleep till the sun was brightly shinning into my room. After staring at the ceiling for at least 30 minutes I dragged myself out of my warm bed and went to see if Anne was awake already. As I approached her door I heard noises down stairs meaning she was most likely up as both our parents would have already left for work. Just to be sure though, I knocked on her door. When I didn't get a response I opened the door. Her bed was empty with a pillow on the floor. When I looked around I realised that her phone was still on charge which was weird. She normally has it on her at all times.

Then I headed down stairs to see Anne, get some breakfast and get ready for a long day at school.