Chapter Eleven

After taking some sort of cat nap, I woke up with a terrible headache. Not long after waking up I grab a bite to eat, and take a long shower that unquestionably helped me feel better. I could feel my body temperature cooling down, it was like a drop. I could feel relief and my muscle tension was already gone.

As I turn on my phone I receive multiple messages from my friends, letting me know there's a party at Nana's.

"Oh Nana, perfect timing" I said to myself. Nana was one of those girls that could host and have a party with unexpected moments by just planning it an hour prior the event, she could definitely multitask. I was definitely attending.

I soon get ready, I was wearing black jeans, with a black hoodie and my Black Vans. I was probably staying over at Nana's helping organize everything afterwards, so it didn't matter how I dressed. Me and my friends we don't dress to impress, we dress to depress others on how comfortable we feel with our clothes. I soon tell my dad to drive me to Kate's house since we are all meeting there. Kate lives a few streets from Nana, which means a world away from me. It's 15min by car but by foot it's forever.

As I get to Kate's, she was wearing her tweety and Sylvester pajamas while eating Nacho Cheese Doritos.

"Why aren't you dressed? And can I have some?" I holler at her.

"Enzo, chill out, I already know what I'm gonna wear. And no, these are mine" she rolls her eyes at me.

I soon go to her room and wait for her to get dress and for Amber and Lea's arrival while watching "Reign" on Netflix. Kate's mom comes with chocolate cookies and milk, she knew I love those. The fact that I was friends with her daughter made her feel confident and therefore Kate's curfew was removed, so was Amber's and Lea's. I was some sort of blessing, but deep inside I was messed up.

1/2 hour and finally Kate was ready, she was wearing black shorts with a black tee. Sorren and Lea enter the room wearing black dresses. We all stared at each other in confusion.

"Who died?" Sorren hollers sarcastically.

We all laughed like idiots.

"What are the odds of us all wearing black?" Kate sighs.

"Great minds think alike" I say with a smile on my face.

"We are late, we should get going guys." Lea gently implies.

Guys I should tell you something first. They all looked at me eager to know what was going on.

"Umm, Minho has a crush on Lea" I muttered.

Not long after saying this, they were all with gapping mouths. I was being serious, so they took it seriously.

"How is this even possible? Lea asks.

"Well I guess he wanted to befriend me to get to you." I answer her question while staring at the floor.

I cleared my throat for, about, the third time. The sudden silence in the room loomed in like a thirsty predator and all we could do was hope that someone would break it.

"Let's get drunk" Kate suggests, and we all nod in agreement.

As we get to Nana's we notice the party was taking place in the backyard. Lights and candles lit up the place. She had lots of food and drinks. How did she do all this in such a short amount of time?.

"You all look like the cast of Pretty Little Liars at Allison's funeral" Nana says with sarcasm.

"Can you get me drunk?" I look at her with puppy dog eyes.

"Absolutely!" She says with a smile on her face and a beer in hand.

As we were talking and mingling with others. We soon realize Minho had just arrived. We all looked at Lea, and she then looked at me.

"Oh I forgot to mention I invited our new classmate" Nana mentions.

"Umm how did you forget to mention that?" Amber looks at her while frowning her brows.

"He's here, so..." Nana replies.

He then waves at me, and tells me to go and talk to him.

"Are you drunk?" He asks when I approach him.

"If I'd be drunk, I don't think I'd just speak to you" I reply while looking down at his lips and I shudder at the meaning of the words I just said. His face leans closer and I grip his shoulders to stop him.

"Unlike me, you're already drunk" I holler at him while I relish his citrus cologne.

"Are you gonna help me out with Lea?" He asks with a smile on his face.

"I'm not cupid, and she's hard to get." I sigh.

"I'm glad, you care so much about her. I mean not letting her down and being there for her proves how much of a good friend you are, and I'm sure she deserves that." Minho let out and I was taken aback by his words. I didn't know he appreciated friendship that much.

"Well Lea is important to me. And I have a right to be concerned about her. Nonetheless I will help you." I smile at him.

We then walk towards Lea Kate and Amber. They all say hello to him but Lea blushed the minute he looked at her. We all found him appealing but Amber. She said he wasn't drooling material, perhaps she was right. After talking a bit about our hobbies and favorite movies. He asks Lea is she was taken.

"Er, dude? Why do you care? Amber frowns her brows at him.

"Oh, no reason, my curious amiga. I was just wondering." He said. His voice was loud and cringed from how forced it sounded. A nervous smile was on his face, and I noted how this was the first time I had seen him nervous.

"You've got to be kidding me" Amber mumbled to my ear.

"I think we should help Nana, she must be overwhelmed." I look at Amber and Kate and they take the hint immediately.

"How are my Single Pringles?" Nana laughs.

"Ready to mingle, we all say in unison" laughing even more.

Hey I know this is a long chapter compared to the rest but the story is about to get better and there are some reasons behind Minho's decision. I'd like to thank  "Amber and Kate" for inspiring me. Stay tuned for more and vote, it means a lot.
With love
-(INT)Enzo