Chapter Eight

"Wake up," A husky voice whispers in my ear and I groan in my blissful sleep. I immediately jolt out of my sleep and catch a weight snuggling into the juncture between my neck and shoulder. Shit! I sit upright pushing the weight off of me and a loud laugh booms in. Minho staring at me. I pull the blanket closer to me as he continues laughing while lying on his back beside me.

"What are you doing?" Wait, it should've been like-what are you doing by nuzzling into my neck.

"When did you hear a cat chuckle?" He asks with his laughter subsides down. I said all of that aloud, didn't I? And that had to happen in front of him. Great.

"Shut up!" I scold him. Weak response but very effective.

"Ouch, that hurt," he replies dryly and I roll my eyes before looking at the clock hanging on the wall. It's 3am. I slept a little too much, but who could blame me, I slept like a baby.

"Come on get ready" he tells me with a smile on his face.

"Ready? Where are we going? I ask him in confusion.

"I'm going to take you to the ocean" he smiles at me.

I nod my head in agreement. Consequently I start eating an early breakfast considering I slept 8 hours more or less, I was famished.

"Hurry, it's a long drive and we can't be late" he speaks through a yawn and I shoot him a sharp look. Late? We've literally put the word EARLY to shame and he has the audacity to actually demand that I hurry.

I brush my teeth, put on my hoodie, take a blanket and look at the comfortable couch before leaving.

On our way everything was dark, we found ourselves listening to "Sabrina Carpenter." Two hours passed by, and I look out through the window at the dark sky which was waiting for the bright sun to show up. The atmosphere outside was freezing. The idea of gazing at the sunrise while being at the beach was insightful.

As soon as we get there my cheeks turned red, and my fingers were numb. The cold breeze was playing with my hair, I decided to walk barefoot. While doing it I felt the cold sand, it was amazing.

" Was it worth it?" He asks

"Yes, a million times yes" I reply with a smile on my face.

We were caught in the moment, but suddenly he decides to go for a run. He leaves me there in confusion, this guy seriously gives me the whiplash. He does something else and says something else. Not wasting further time on my thoughts, I wanted to seize every single second I was there, letting my mind wander and feeling stranded since we had no one around us.

He soon returns and moves closer to me. He kept approaching, I didn't even move. I was nervous and his eyes were taking the best out of me. I kept thinking to myself that good things follow up when bad things happen. Perhaps I was given the opportunity to be happy, who knows.

Why are you blushing? He asked as he he kept moving closer and closer. I didn't say a word, I was caught, but there was no place I'd rather be. We stared at each other without even blinking, I felt his breathing on my face, it smelled like orange.

At first, I did nothing. He closed the small gap remaining between our bodies and an arm encircled my waist.

I slowly moved my hand, and I started stroking his soft and silky hair. He held me in his arms for three minutes, my world couldn't be better.

"Would you like to wait for the sunrise with me?" He asks.

"Y-yeah, but I'm cold" I giggle

We sat on the sand while covering ourselves with the blanket I took with me. The sound of the waves was relaxing. A few seagulls that were flying above us, made it sound a bit scary but somehow I felt safe around him. It's obvious I wouldn't agree on taking a road trip to the beach late in the AM. But he was the only exception

I moved my hand to encircle around his neck. My eyes widened when he somehow shook a bit.

"Your hands are like ice" he says

"Sorry" I giggle at him

"It's okay" he sighs

I moved a hand to stroke through his hair, enjoying the feel while his head rested on my shoulders. He was perfect.